• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tunze nano or Koralia 4?

The Tunze 6045 and Koralia 4 have about the same output (1200gph). Which would be better for a 30x30x24 tank? Main inhabitant to be a Gigantea anemone.

I like the tunze 6055 cause they are controllable, if the size of it doesn't matter than the Hydor is good (but big) Tunze's take up less space.

I was really concerned with the flow pattern. Seams the Tunze has a narrower flow stream and the Koralia a broader more gentle flow. I'm trying to keep cost down or I would just go with a pair of 6101's.

Anyone have any experiences with the new controllable Koralias?

or you could wait until fall - when the 6105's come out and all the tunze fanatics dump their existing tunzes for the new ones. You know there are always the folks who want the latest and greatest...(you know who you are if you're reading!). ;)

From Tunze:
Eco-energetic
The innovative motor based on the eco-energetic concept and the newly developed
pump technique ensures a very high efficiency at very low maintenance and power
consumption.

Very silent run
Special plastic bearings, a titanium-alloy axle and silicone absorbers enable a very silent
run without wear which applies for smaller models as well as for the powerful pump
delivering 30,000 l/h. (7,925 USgal./h).

Large suction area
The water which is drawn in passed through a giant intake strainer, and thus prevents
premature soiling.

Magnet Holder - a standard feature
As a standard feature, Turbelle® stream® is supplied with a magnetic holder, which
enables uncomplicated attachment at any position on the aquarium pane from 19 mm (.74
in.) to 25 mm (.98 in.).

Flexible adaptation
The ball-type design is an intelligent solution for installation with a minimum of hydraulic losses. Contrary to other pumps, they offer a lot of
flexibility with respect to positioning and orientation of the water beam, which can be adjusted in such a way that an effective flow is produced
over a long distance in the aquarium at lower power consumption.

Controllable output
The Turbelle® stream 6105, 6205 and 6305 pumps have been fitted with electronic speed controllers running on safety extra-low voltage.
They are ideal for wave or tide simulation in every aquarium, and contain a new „intelligent“ micro-processor controlled motor. Along with
Multicontroller 7095, 7096 or Singlecontroller 7091 they are an unbeatable team.

No problem in case of power failure
Fitted with Safety Connector 6105.50, Turbelle® stream 6105, 6205 and 6305 can be operated on every 10 V to 24 V direct-current source
(battery, solar cell). The safety connector permits normal operation with the TUNZE® power supply unit, but in case of a power failure it will
automatically switch over to a car battery or a direct-current source.

i have both Tunze 6045 and Koralia 4 u are right about the flow pattern, i got the tunze for my 50 gallon & it works great, i use the koralia4 for my 75 gallon just to help with water movement & the first thing i notice was a different water pattern, IME i like the tunze better because it is smaller, they both work great.

Going with the K4...for now. If they don't work out I can always upgrade later. The tank is going to house fish only for 6 - 9 months anyway.