• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm watching Ponyreefer's tank while he's on vacation and when I checked on it tonight his largest Rainbow Monti looks to have RTN. Is there any SPS knowledgeable people in
Hunterdon or Warren County who could meet with me tomorrow night to look at it and see if there is anything that could be done for it? I would hate for him to come home to a skeleton. I'm far from an expert on SPS, my knowledge is mostly Softies.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Check to make sure his skimmer is working right. When mine went down for a day, my corals started to RTN.

Everything was working fine, I did'nt think to check the temp, but while topping it off the water in the sump, it did'nt feel to hot. I will check it in the morning and let you know exactly what it was. I know he mentioned he was having some problems with a couple of pieces. When I was there Monday, the Monti was retracted but it showed no signs of losing tissue.

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Keep us posted. He might have been loosing it already. Maybe it was upside down on him.

Dave..Steve also has computer access down there, he stopped by MR today and we told him to get off line & get back to vacationing..lol
I asked Mike more specifics on the stinging we noticed the other night. Should have an answer for ya in the morning on exactly how much damage was already on the monti.

Did he leave the central air on in the house for the tank?

It was'nt hot in there.

I spent most of the time in the basement, then while I was stealing all of his Zoa's, I,,, errr,, uhh,,, I mean checking for knocked over frags, yeah that's it, I was checking the frags when I noticed the Monti in distess.

Hmmm...hopefully you'll share some of those...lol (he's probably kidding Steve!)
Yes, the STN-ing was at the corner of the piece and it was about a 1 x 1 inch area on Tuesday.
It was suggested that you check his alk too, it had been running a little low.

Hitman said:
I spent most of the time in the basement, then while I was stealing all of his Zoa's, I,,, errr,, uhh,,, I mean checking for knocked over frags, yeah that's it, I was checking the frags when I noticed the Monti in distess.

LOL! Yeah man, that would be a hard tank to keep your fingers out of!