• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Vortech Modes

Im not sure if anyone posed this already or started a topic. I wanted to know what settings most people are using.

Since my tank is supposed to be a low lying reef with waves coming over the top im wondering what mode would be best.

I plan to dial it down to around 1000 GPH.

Any info will help

I use the short pulse (blue) mode . I keep the flow up high with fast pulses . It creates a wave across the top of the tank and you can see the corals going up and down from the flow/pulse .
I also like the reefcrest and the lagooncrest has a nice effect . I switch them around whenever I can remember , kinda like to keep the corals guessing ;D

i'm using pulse mode (blue). High Flow with short pulses like paul said. Then I use the night mode an hour after my tank shuts down and it comes back on an hour after my tank lights come on.

I get a great wave and even though I havn't been using them long enough make an "official" ruling but everything in my tank, corals and fish, look way happier.