• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Want to rent PAR meter

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I'm using the Photone app app as well on an iPhone 13+.
I put out a request for PAR meter owners coming to the meeting next week on the 10th to bring their meters and we can run them against the Photone app to test for accuracy or at least find a calibration offset.

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
I'm using the Photone app app as well on an iPhone 13+.
I put out a request for PAR meter owners coming to the meeting next week on the 10th to bring their meters and we can run them against the Photone app to test for accuracy or at least find a calibration offset.
If someone does bring one will you be willing to post about the results on the forum ?

Rueric

NJRC Member
There was definitely a fellow reefer here that was looking for one and did a comparison and compared it to an apogee they later got as well. I don’t remember his name though lol

There was definitely a fellow reefer here that was looking for one and did a comparison and compared it to an apogee they later got as well. I don’t remember his name though lol
It was me lol and after multiple attempts and the breastmilk bag being completely vacuum sealed was when I finally got a somewhat accurate reading of about a 15 par difference. My apogee was 170 and the photons app was 185. But when I say the area between the bag and the camera has to be perfect even the pressure of the water is not great enough I ended up placing the breast milk bag and the phone in a food saver vacuum seal bag, vacuum sealed it, and then Ziploc the breast milk bag, and then cut open the vacuum seal bag to ensure zero air and that was the only way to get a consistent accurate reading.

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
It was me lol and after multiple attempts and the breastmilk bag being completely vacuum sealed was when I finally got a somewhat accurate reading of about a 15 par difference. My apogee was 170 and the photons app was 185. But when I say the area between the bag and the camera has to be perfect even the pressure of the water is not great enough I ended up placing the breast milk bag and the phone in a food saver vacuum seal bag, vacuum sealed it, and then Ziploc the breast milk bag, and then cut open the vacuum seal bag to ensure zero air and that was the only way to get a consistent accurate reading.
Were you using the blue/white spectrum or the full spectrum