• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

water quality

how often you test your water

• EVERY WEEK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVERY TWO WEEKS

• ONCE A MONTH

• WHEN YOU REMEMBER TO DO IT

• NEVER

• Total voters
I have a question, how often do you guys test your water, you know the normal,  ;D i mean for everything
thank you for your information and sharing your knowledge

Gabriel

the basic stuff, PH, amonia,nitrate,nitrite, never
alk and calcium, once a month or so
SG, when i think of it

except when i do a water change (10% monthly = 30 gallons)

i check the ph and temp 1st to make sure they are right

never check the basic stuff like jer said,but i test the cal and alk once or twice a week. my cal drops about 20 ppm a day and im using alot of additive, so it like to make sure it doesnt get out of whack.

correction, when i was mainly softies, i checked my alk and calcium, once a month, now that my tank is bare bottom, and im a budding stickhead, i check my alk and calcium, every saturday.

C

concept3

jer1198 said:
correction, when i was mainly softies, i checked my alk and calcium, once a month, now that my tank is bare bottom, and im a budding stickhead, i check my alk and calcium, every saturday.

LOL, once you're a full fledged stickhead and the tank is running on its own, you'll be checking water like me.

Calcium and Magnesium only every 2-3 months and water changes the same (almost never on the other stuff)

I don't check very often, but when I do it's usually alk, cal, mag, and nitrates (been battling with them for a while). Weekly 10-15% water changes for me.

Marcelo -

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well.. When my tank was running, I barely checked anything, had the PH monitor going...so that was an easy check.... lol

Water changes? maybe once every three months.

I think I didn't test because I was afraid of the results! :eek:

On my new tank I will be testing in the beginning atleast.. let's see how long it lasts