• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What Glue/Putty/Epoxy Do You Use For Corals

So I am having a hell of a time fixing my corals to my rock work. I've tried SeaChem brand Super Glue which works if you glue them out of the water. But I'm trying to attach them in water. I also bought a Coraline Algae Epoxy, I forget the brand but it works for a week or two and then falls off. I hate coming home and finding one of my corals face down in the sand after taking a tumble from the top of my rock work. And it's no doubt my shrimp and hermits are the culprits knocking them down. I want to know what all you experienced reefers how found to be the best solution. Any help is greatly appreciated...sincerely a seriously frustrated BrickNick

Super glue gel from the dollar store with epoxy works the best for me. I do super glue on frag plug or coral then some epoxy then some more super glue. Like a sandwich glue is the bread and epoxy is the meat.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
me personally i use gorilla glue Jell from amazon for like $5 usually flip the plug upside down take the end out of the water wipe it down with paper so its semi dry get a nice fat amount on there give it like 60 seconds or so light blowing then attach and hold for like 2-3 minutes never really had issues if you really want ot get it out later you can get coral clippers and chop off the glue itll crumble up ive tried like 5 different glues label " coral something

Dollar general crazy glue gel 2 for a 1.00 I but like 5 packs at a time it's pretty much done after you open the tube so I try to get as much outta one tube at a time and toss it