• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

What PH level do you keep in your tank?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure how you go about safely lowering it.  If everything looks good in your tank I wouldn't do anything drastic.  Keep an eye on the level for a few days and see if it lowers any.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Stable is more important than lower. If it is stable and your corals look good I wouldn't change anything. What are you dosing in your tank? It might be something you're adding, rather than naturally high. What water are you

Ours has always bordered on low, but again I don't do anything to try to raise it.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
First things first you'll want to calibrate your probe using 7 & 10.

I had a hard time calibrating my probe... I had left the cap on it. LOL! ;D

I would check, calibrate, check, calibrate, and re-check your probe before doing anything. Ed, I've seen your tank, and it looked incredible. If nothing has changed with the conditions of your livestock, I would very much doubt that your pH is into dangerous bounds. Your corals were very open and happy, and, judging by your fragging set-ups, growing very nicely. All this points to good conditions overall, so I do doubt that you have a pH that high (although, it is possible).

If you confirm that the pH is actually that high, you really need to determine the cause for such a rise before doing anything, and you need to get a better picture of the overall chemistry before doing anything rash. Check your pH, kH, and Ca levels all together. Between the three of them, you can best determine how to affect your pH and hardness before doing anything.

G'luck!