• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Which Nano is better ?

I want to to put a nano in my computer room. 29g or bigger. Witch one is not some cheap thing that will break in year or two. I saw
one its called Finnex M-tank 32g or a Bio Cube 29g .

Edit: Fixed typo in the subject line. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!

Re: Witch Nano is better ?

Are those the two choices that you are considering? I have seen many people happy with either and finnex has some really nice stuff. However, for those prices you can get the new

http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod_28g_nano.html

which comes with the 150w HQI. I have heard nothing bad about these yet really except for and what usually is the same for most. "That it runs a little hot" It all depends on what you want to do with it and your needs to accomplish that. I am sure that noise is a factor and tell you what. I have the aquapod 12Gallon with the PC's, a MJ900 external pump and chiller and other then when the chiller comes on I don't even hear it running.

I have to actually turn around every once in awhile to make sure it is still working. :)

I'm not sure of the brand or anything but Trop has a really nice one that's just been there a few weeks. 35 gal, think it's around $600 for everything. I'm heading there tomorrow, will try to get you some info on it.

I just set up a Red Sea Max for my husband. Well-made, high quality. I had it delivered from Champion Lighting for $719 total - including the stand. Support from Red Sea has been awesome. One of the holes for the door hing was misdrilled - they resent an entirely new stand!

katlongo said:
I just set up a Red Sea Max for my husband. Well-made, high quality. I had it delivered from Champion Lighting for $719 total - including the stand. Support from Red Sea has been awesome. One of the holes for the door hing was misdrilled - they resent an entirely new stand!

Oooooh! Pics??? ;D

Not sure if they have any left but Will down at Aquatic Obsessions has Bio-Cubes 29's for $209 .. I got one yesterday. Sales ends on Saturday the 21st, so you gotta go quick.

1150 St. Georges Avenue in Avenel, NJ 07001.
Store hours:
Monday- Friday 12pm-8pm
Saturday 10am- 7pm
Sunday 11am-6pm
(732)-634-8448

my opinion is the red sea max. i have one that thing is awersome. nanocutoms actually built on with 150 mh lighting but i have a clam in the stock lighting and it is doing great. i heard alot of good things about the finnex but the jbj 28 or 29 whatever it is got trashed by someone on the phone fronm nano tuners he says it runs way way too hot.and i also heard the skimmer is not too good just hearsay but i trust nanotuners opinion.

the regular biocube 29 looks pretty cool too.i dunno it depends how deep your pockets are and what you are looking too do with it