• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Would this work (question about overflow/sump on my new 30g cube)

The 30g cube setup I'm getting this weekend has a CPR overflow which is plumbed to a 5g refug & 7g sump. The previous owner was using a rio 1100 (didn't want high flow because it was a seahorse tank). I'm not looking for high flow either, however I'm only using it on this system for a short period of time and not looking to buy a pump I won't use long... could I use a power head in place of the pump? I have a extra aquaclear 70 which I use to mix water, it has no problem moving water from the bottom of a rolling trash can up through tubing into my tanks... I think it is rated 400gph

Just wondered if this might work, or should I suck it up and order a pump?

It's probably rated for 400 gph at 0' head. Most of the ratings we see on these PH style pumps are. Try it if it's good enough for you temporary use save your doe for other stuff ;D