• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Yellow Tang not doing well

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
we came home and yellow tang is on the bottom barely swimming on his side. Man I'm sad. :'( :'( :'(. I did a water change. Everything else in the tank looks ok. Any ideas on what to do before he dies?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wish I had some advice for you. :-( Unfortunately nothing I've ever done in the final minutes has helped any.

Have you had him for a while? Eating well? They're typically such a hardy fish.

Sorry.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
he was eating well. But the Powder Blue has been picking on him for about 3 months. Maybe he just finally couldn't take it any more. I just moved him to the basement in one of my frag tanks.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Does it have a white lateral line? Usually sign of being malnurished. Are there any wounds from the blue? Try hanging some romain or spinach leaf and see if it eats. Nothing to do except wait.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
It died. Damn. Anyone have any suggests about another fish to put with a Podwer Blue Tang in a 90 gallon. He will probably be nasty to another tang. I was thing about a small fox face.

The powder bule might be okay with another yellow or "round" tang type like a Scopas (I like the coloring of the Scopie) or black (just an absolutely stunning fish).

Tropiquarium has a Rhomboid Golden Fairy wrasse in stock that looks pretty fat and healthy (provided it hasn't been sold over the weekend), kinda pricey, but what Rhomboid isn't. If I had the money, I'd be grabbing it.

Then there is always the ubiquitos oscellaris/clownfish. Glass cardinals are pretty cool as well, nice little schooling fish.

FWIW

Tom

Tom