• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

yippie a nano forum!

Thank you to the "powers that be" for creating this space, my favorite tank is my 24g aquapod... for a newbie on a budget it was the perfect blend of form & function.

My tank has been set up since, hmm... mommy brain, let's just say last Summer. When I have a chance I'll go into some details on the mods I've made to mine, the problems & solutions I've found, and upload some pics.

I know many people say nanos can be harder, especially for newbies but I think as long as you're willing to religiously do your water changes and stay on top of topoffs (which with mine being closed top I almost never have to do) they can be really awesome and easy to care for.

Cool Candi. Would love to hear about your setup. I've been thinking of converting one of my 20's to a nano after I get my 180 set up. Right now I have one 20 that's housing 2 of my original damsels and one huge hermit and another 20 that's empty. I'm thinking of making the empty one a sump for the other 20.

What kind of lighting are you using on your nano?

Mine is stock, its PC 2 32watt bulbs (one dual actinic one daylight) I have no problem keeping softies & lps... even had a few hardy SPS up at the top.

Nano tanks definately are cool. I have owned 2 myself, a 15g with overflow and a 12g nanocube

Definately take a little extra care but worth it to have a desktop planet!