• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zeovit - Real Deal or Fad

I've been seeing alot about this Zeovit system that claims to reduce NH3 and PO4 and make your corals look better and water clearer. Anyone know about this system? Is it as good as it's made out to be?

From the tanks that I have seen it really works. Here is the site if you want to check it out: www.zeovit.com

The idea came out of Germany and the site above gives you alot more detail. In addition you can see some of the products of the system.

Zeo is a new method and as with BB or DSB and T5 or MH and Seio or Tunze, there are alot of diehards on both sides of the fence. So one thing I have learned in this hobby is if it works for you stick with it. Its not worth getting into a heated discussion over it.

The goal of the system is to create a low nutrient system.

You are basically adding in bacteria to your system and you use of Zeolites (naturally occuring mineral) in a reactor.

The method depends heavily on having a heavily skimmed system, continuous use of carbon, and dosing other elements in small elements, in addition to lighting and keeping water parameters in check.

I think that about does it.

Thanks.

Joe