• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zoa frag for knowledge?- Trade- Union

hey everyone....so here's the thing....I have a zoa colony that needs to be fragged....sounds simple, right?....well, no....I don't know how to frag zoas...feel great anxiety at the thought of having to frag them, actually.....

so....here are the zoas

WranitzW-2254.jpg

If you like this beautiful specimen of which I don't know the name....then, I am willing to make a trade..

your knowledge for a 10-15 polyp frag!....

you must be willing to come to my house and frag the colony yourself....I don't have bags...I don't have plugs or discs.....I do have glue!...I also don't have a scalpel...so you'd have to bring your own tools...please only respond to this if you truly know what you are doing, I'm really looking for help here and I'm perfectly capable of screwing things up allllll on my own...*winks*....thanks!- Union, NJ

would be looking to schedule a time within the next three weeks

malulu

NJRC Member
(1)
- you can use a sharp razor blade to cut between the gap of each polyps

(2)
- then cut them again as close to the rock as possible
- or, some will just break the rock in half - after the (1) cut

i have all these - plugs/discs, glue, razor blade, scalpel...etc.
i live in Green Brook, may be sometime this week i can stop by on my way back home after work.

*FREE* no charge...
:D

I'd like to thank everyone who responded....I'm having some scheduling issues at the moment with David (all my fault, not his) and am not sure if I want to just attempt to tackle this myself with the tips you all provided....in any case, my schedule for the next week or so is hectic...if things don't work out with David, I'd be happy to get a fraggin demo. Will send out a pm when I figure out what is going on. Thanks again!

+1 to youtube. I just made my first frags last week w/ zoos and checked out youtube first. The videos there aren't great in terms of video quality, but it gives you a great idea of how to handle them and how gentle to be while cutting them. I used the same technique as Edward771, used a clean razor blade to cut the rock under the polyps instead of trying to touch the polyps at all. I had a high rate of success on my first try (only lost 1 polyp out of 30 or so) So check out youtube, it will give you the confidence to try it and you will be successful