• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zoa Growth Photos

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
Etmanning1
10/1/18
I’m away at school currently, but as per my parents’ count I ended with 34 polyps. Pretty good :)
c72d7e67df4f5677b538daa3d1d8dcae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job guys! I’ll post a final pic tonight but I’m nowhere near 34. Very happy with their growth though and they are a gorgeous addition to my reef.

Maybe participants can post some details along with their results so we can share some ideas what works best in growing these zoas, may be helpful to each other and the NJR community in general....placement in tank relative to lighting and flow, any feeding or supplementation strategies, etc. Would be interesting to see if we can find any common strategies for success or common obstacles people encountered.

etmanning1

NJRC Member
Zoas Grow Out Winner
As per rules:

--> Judging:

1) Zoas--> Simply the highest number of polyps at end of contest wins, frags will be 3 polyps to start.

This is what I have for finishers:

Jmags: ~25 polyps
Etmanning1: ~ 34 polyps
Mrx: ~ 20 polyps
Haus: no final photo

So it looks like I’ve won, unless anyone has any objections? I was really hoping we’d have more people make it to the end but it was still a fun challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk