• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Zoa Pox !!!!!

Zoa Pox = Really bad zoo measles = Total loss if not treated! I pretty sure that this is what I have been dealing with. Been treating zoas for symptoms, used Lugis solution, fresh water dips, been testing the water, big water changes, and nothing has worked, then looked further online, found the page that said " The worst possible thing that you could have" ouch that's it! Then, embarrassed that my tank has SDT, ouch again, I reached out to some members privately and asked for their option's and no one so far has had this problem. The one name I will mention, who I respect very much is Doc Jim, never dealt with this, now I am screwed!
The only treatment is dips in FURAN-2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has any one done anything like this before???
Concerns
Not talking a few zoas over 200 frags and colony's possible affected. ( F@#k)
The treatment calls for individual dips, Can it be done on a full tank, and will it affect the live rock, oxygen and crash a crash.

Any help at this point will be appreciated, i cannot wait too long before treatment.
Whitebird1

100_2475.jpg

100_2471.jpg

Furan 2 and Vitamin C - that's the only way to go. It is not as bad as you think it is. 3-4 dips and you are done. the key is to do all of them and this part kind of s^*&^ks. Furan 2 is available at That Fish Place in Saddle Brook NJ. Vitamin C - iherb.com Zoa pox reminds me a lot of ich.

also, notice that this happens when you frag a lot.

Thanks, about to start the dipping process, already have the FURAN-2 and new water ready. I will take some pics of the process and post results when alls done, really surprised about how few have experience with this.

I am not an expert - but it is almost like ich. you can have it and don't even know it since sometimes polyps remain wide open. I would follow instructions on zoaid.com or RC. two schools of thought: 3 dips on consecutive days in a row, or 2 dips, week off, another dip etc. it depends how large is the infection and how delicate type of zoas you have. also, you need a week to see some results. it doesn't go away in day or two.

just finish the 1st dip 200+ pieces. all looks good except my nerves! about 2 hours and did it by the book.
I think I need a beer!

I just went through that not to long ago, I purchased some zoas on line, shortly after adding them to my tank.they looked like your photos. You will have to dip all the zoas from that system, it will spread fast.I used the furan-2 dip, I thought I lost them because after dipping they will look bad. But they all came back, I lost a few single polyps. The Pox doesn't seem to affect Palys. Good luck were pulling for you. read the cure http://www.zoaid.com/articles004.php

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Whitebird1 said:
just finish the 1st dip 200+ pieces. all looks good except my nerves! about 2 hours and did it by the book.
I think I need a beer!

Greg, you’re deviating slightly from “the book.”

You must treat yourself while you are treating the zoos. This is called the “dip and sip” method of treatment. To elaborate, you dip a frag, you sip a little beer, you dip a frag, you sip a little beer. I think you get the gist of the dip and sip method. This way, when the zoos are done being dipped, you’re done too...no nerves to worry about! ;D

Best of luck. Keep us up to date how it goes.