• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Her 20 (pics)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
If we had known that you were a deacon Bill, we would have asked. You could have married us at AO and the fish would be the witnesses.

We only have a pre-nup for the corals and fish, we don't care enough about anything else. :D

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
As promised here are the new pics. We did not really get any new corals for the 20g at MACNA. We got some nice neon green clove that is coming out, just now fully out yet. However, our big score was four bangaii cardinals. They are all tank raised and doing very well so far. Originally I bought two of them, when the fiancee went over she decided she wanted the third as an insurance policy and they gave us the fourth because it has a gill deformity. So far they are all hanging out together, though it looks like two are trying to pair off. The flamback angel is letting them know he rules the bottom half of the tank, but other than that he leaves them alone. So here are some pics:

Four of the together:
20cardinals4.jpg

Two under the blues:
20cardinals.jpg

We will be changing bulbs out tomorrow so I will try and post some pics then. If not we will try again in a few weeks after the marriage and honeymoon.

Very nice ... they are a great fish I wish I had gotten the insurance policy cuz I lost one of my two in QT. Where did you get them?

MOFIB had a nano of them...I thought that's where you got yours from.

They had them with a pair of neon gobies and 3 tank-bred baby sea urchins.

That was the one I was thinking of too. They grow pretty fast just FYI, or I feed really heavily one or the other.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Hawkeye said:
MOFIB had a nano of them...I thought that's where you got yours from.

They had them with a pair of neon gobies and 3 tank-bred baby sea urchins.

We really like the tiny MOFIB ones but they were not for sale. We are hoping some day to breed them out and have an urchin in there because it is so cool to watch them swim around the spines.

On another board I saw a guy who made his own fake "urchin" to give the fish something to hid in. Basically a small epoxy mound stabbed with lots of cable ties. Something to think about rather than having to deal with a live urchin.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We saw that too, if we do the urchin we will do it like MOFIB and have a separate tank. I don't want an urchin walking around with my corals.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Unfortunately this will probably be one of the last updates we do on this tank as it will be broken down into our 57 gallon when we set it up in about a month. The 20g will not go down without a fight though and we have some new updates. We started with a "tester" acan frag I bought off of a fellow reefer that has been doing amazing so we bought two new frags. They both come form reef to reptile, and one has some nice rainbow colors in it. Our snails also decided to "draw" some nice patterns on our glass with their eggs. They really cool thing is they will not go over top of them. One actually picked his foot up the whole time is crawled over it. We also added some fire shrimp.

New acans:
20acans.jpg

Snail eggs:
20eggs.jpg

Fire shrimp (you can really see how scratched this tank is and why we needed to upgrade):
20fireshrimp.jpg

Nice acans.

I love snail eggs, don't know why. I get tons of extra small snails that way so am pretty happy about that I guess.

I agree, I was really excited about the eggs on the glass- their first appearance in many months for me in the 20.

The snail eggs are gone, not sure if the fish ate them or if they just were blown off the glass by the powerheads. The purple/green acan Mike bought from Larry, the other two came from reefs to reptiles and are very new.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We recently bought a piece of live rock because it had some feather dusters on it and put it in the 20g. That night when the actinics went on we saw Christmas tree worms sticking out on the other side. We have since put them up top to see them better.

Pic:
20christmas.jpg

Wanted to show some of the growth on our acro frag. It isn't a ton, but it works for us:

Beginning:
20sps.jpg

Now:
20acro.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
So we made some new purchases and here they are (Disclaimer got a new phone and still playing with the camera feature)

Rainbow acan from motepora, my pic does it no justice
20acan2.jpg

Rainbow acan from RTR under actinic:
20acan1.jpg

Was taking pics of the acans when our new fish decided to pop up for a pose (Dracula goby):
20dracula.jpg

Stopped by AO and got this beauty after the meeting:
20setosa.jpg