• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Her 20 (pics)

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Added a yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair, it took a few days but they found each other and have been doing great. The yasha on its own was a bit freaked out after getting aggression displays from the clowns and the fire shrimp who apparently have a taste for gobies.

Yasha:
ad20yasha.jpg

You can make out the pistol moving the frag plug which is like 5 times the size of it.
ad20yashapisol.jpg

I ordered Joyce W's book on clownfish through the group buy, and started to read it yesterday, and as I'm reading along, I notice that our one black and white clown is again harassing the goni. . . only to reach a section on anem substitutes in tanks and learn that according to Joyce, some clowns find gonis very tempting, and will harass a goni to death. So the "OHH I want that" goni was moved to another tank last night. There are clowns in that tank as well, but for some reason, they are not interested in the goni that was already in there, hopefully this one will escape their notice as well.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Just a shot of one of our acros, I believe it is the ORA ice blue tort.
ad20pe.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Have not posted some pics in a while and they have all been coral pics, so now some fish pics.
Cardinals:
ad20cardinals.jpg

Neon cleaner goby:
ad20cleanergoby.jpg

All black clowns tip to tip:
ad20clowns.jpg

Gold Assessor:
ad20goldassesor.jpg

Two of the yasha:
ad20yashagold.jpg

ad20yasha1.jpg

And a FTS:
ad20ftsapr4.jpg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Just some new pics with the theme being polyp extension on our SPS.

ad20419ice.jpg

ad20419birdsnest.jpg

ad20419.jpg

ad20419pink.jpg

ad20419joecoral.jpg

ad20419bellina.jpg

ad20419redplanet.jpg

Unfortunately, we lost one of the fire shrimp last night :(
He had gotten banged up over the weekend, his antenae clipped short by someone in our tank and his tail a bit beat up as well.
I did not think his injuries were life threatening, and I moved him to the fuge to heal, but to no avail.
He was one of the survivors of the tank crash, I'd bet that weakened him . . . rip fire shrimp.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We pulled the remaining fire shrimp out and gave him away, he was the lone suspect in the death of the other fire shrimp and the clipping of the tail of our gold assesor basslet. He was not a nice shrimp.

Here are some pics of a new paly I picked up from Reef to Reptiles:
ad30fireworks2.jpg

ad30fireworks1.jpg

Some other zoas we have:
ad20zoos.jpg

mnat said:
We pulled the remaining fire shrimp out and gave him away, he was the lone suspect in the death of the other fire shrimp and the clipping of the tail of our gold assesor basslet. He was not a nice shrimp.

Sounds like a whole lot of speculation to me. That fire shrimp should get a lawyer.

GregW said:
mnat said:

Sounds like a whole lot of speculation to me. That fire shrimp should get a lawyer.

Lol. He had a lawyer, I agreed to represent him pro bono, however, once I saw him take a swipe at the yasha goby, I requested permission from the court to withdraw. . . and then kicked him out of my tank.

I hereby declare this thread revived.
As many of you know, I gave in to temptation and bought myself a pair of wild caught misbared clowns. I have set up a 20g high tank for them (I love 20g highs- I don't know why, I just do), at the moment it is pretty bare bones, live sand,
a small amount of live rock (the rest is still cycling) a, hob skimmer, a powerhead, and a heater, and a 4 bulb t5 fixture. I added an anem (thanks Don!) on Saturday, a cleaner shrimp yesterday along with some cleanup crew.
My goal is to breed the clowns, so this is their little haven. I will not be adding any more fish. I will be adding inverts I am sure, and cuttings from our corals in the other tanks I am sure.
I'll post pictures soon!