• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ka Reactor vs Ca Reactor

Ihop,

It's in the works as we speak. As soon as we can get more information we'll post it in Group Buys and open the flood gates to all the NJRC members who NEED one of these on their tanks. Phyl's experience alone gives me the reason to get one ASAP.

_______

Also for anyone who's looking to get one down the road. This won't be a Group Buy like Premium Aquatics, AWI or Reeftopia ... there will only be one of these for a long while. So the more people that hop on now the better the price will be. I maybe inclined to buy two. :eek: ... just kidding. But really it's probably a once in a looooong while type group buy.

Rehype, we are in the process of doing a group buy. I think we're looking at the Precision Marine Kalkreactor KR620

We'll keep everyone here posted about the Group Buy. If we all get the same Reactor we have a better chance of getting a better price. This Reactor is coming highley recomended and it has rave reviews on Marine Depot and RC.

I'm sure we'll get a price similar to that or lower. Without the shipping charge. I'm not a big Ebay fan after being burned a couple of times.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
We can get those for 230$, no shipping (we will pay tax though). If we hit 8, we'll get them for 220. Can we get a head count of those who want one (sorry, Members only)?

Phyl or Mike, would you guys like to move this to Group Buys or just close this thread and start a new with a link on this one. This way we can have a nice clean page and it won't get out of control.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Very tempting....dosing is getting old and inefficient. Count me in provided I can bamboozle the fund manager. ;)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have all the parts to make one including the power head I just got in the PA group buy. I guess that will end up in the pile with the rest of the un-used project parts. I guess if I sold some of those parts, not only would I recoup half of my reefing investment, Dana would be able to park her car in the garage again. ;D

RichT said:
I have all the parts to make one including the power head I just got in the PA group buy. I guess that will end up in the pile with the rest of the un-used project parts. I guess if I sold some of those parts, not only would I recoup half of my reefing investment, Dana would be able to park her car in the garage again. ;D

lol ... rich you could always use the one you get in the group buy as a blueprint to build one and then sell that when it's done. Or sell the one you get in the buy if you build one that's better.

I might very well be in for this. Pls let me know when you are planning on ordering them. What we would do, pick them up at a meeting?

My stomach just turned a bit thinking about the budget. (also planning on a lighting purchase very soon) :'(........... ;D

Thx, Bob