• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

MACNA XXI 2009: NJRC has been awarded ! ! !

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This weekend was a lot more work than I think any of us expected. We fully planned on being able to shop, listen to some speakers and enter some of the raffles. Unfortunately, none of that was meant to be. We were very busy in the booth most of the time the show floor was open. I have updated the map, replacing the X's with red blocks. Anything in Red is already sold. As you can see, we are off to one heck of a start. I'll spend the next few hours trying to come up with a way to get the vendors names onto the map in a way that is still readable. Until then, here is where we are so far:

Macna_Floor_Plan.jpg

JohnS_323 said:
I'll spend the next few hours trying to come up with a way to get the vendors names onto the map in a way that is still readable. Until then, here is where we are so far:

Macna_Floor_Plan.jpg

Why not just leave it as is and then a separate jpg file listing the vendor next to the number. It's not ideal but it's no different than what we get at the Mall.

needless to say - the dedication the officers have shown in getting macna truly is inspiring. Big kudos to phyl!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
phil519 said:
Why not just leave it as is and then a separate jpg file listing the vendor next to the number. It's not ideal but it's no different than what we get at the Mall.

Apparently, you don't know John very well! ;)

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Brian said:
phil519 said:

LOL! No, that'll never do. I'm working on something now that should be usable. It's not ideal but it's OK. For the long term, I'm researching someway to be able to hover over a block and have it show you the vendors banner/graphic and be a link to their site. That's going to be a tough one to program though. I know you can buy software that does it but it's ridiculously expensive. I'll see what I can hack out!

JohnS_323 said:
Brian said:
phil519 said:

LOL! No, that'll never do. I'm working on something now that should be usable. It's not ideal but it's OK. For the long term, I'm researching someway to be able to hover over a block and have it show you the vendors banner/graphic and be a link to their site. That's going to be a tough one to program though. I know you can buy software that does it but it's ridiculously expensive. I'll see what I can hack out!

That would be awesome. In terms of software - don't we get a discount for being a non-profit?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
phil519 said:
JohnS_323 said:
Brian said:
phil519 said:

That would be awesome. In terms of software - don't we get a discount for being a non-profit?

I would doubt it. The last time Phyl tried to play that card she said, "Can't you do anything for us? We're a non-profit company." The guy replied: "That's nice . . . we're not!"

what hotel is it at? or at the convention center? hotel deals set up yet?

im ready.

Phyl or Rich, contact me if you want cross site ads at RS.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The event will be held at the AC Convention Center which is attached to the Sheraton hotel. There is a block of rooms available for a discounted price, which I'm pretty sure is $139/night. The hotel would only block a limited number of rooms for us so be sure to register for MACNA and your hotel room soon!

You can register at www.macnaxxi.com

C'ya there!

JohnS_323 said:
The event will be held at the AC Convention Center which is attached to the Sheraton hotel. There is a block of rooms available for a discounted price, which I'm pretty sure is $139/night.

$139 is the rate, plus applicable taxes. ;) Got mine yesterday. Are we there yet! ;D

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
In an effort to make the floor plan a little more interactive, I came up with the version below. To see which vendors are in which booths, click anywhere on the map. A new window will open with duplicate copy of the map. On that copy, you can click anywhere on the floor plan to see a detailed version of that section.

The map on www.macnaxxi.com is similar, except that you go directly to the detail section when you click on a section of the floor plan.

I won't be maintaining this copy going forward, so please use the MACNA website to keep track of our progress in selling out this event!

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but I put it together in photoshop, for the benefit of fellow members.
:-\

MACNA.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's great! I wasn't sure if the vendor names would be legible if I threw them all on one sheet. Apparantly they are! Any chance of you being able to pop the words "Raffle Area" in a box in the center?

Thanks a lot!

JohnS_323 said:
That's great! I wasn't sure if the vendor names would be legible if I threw them all on one sheet. Apparantly they are! Any chance of you being able to pop the words "Raffle Area" in a box in the center?

Thanks a lot!
I've tried to get words RAFFLE AREA in the middle but it gets lost in translation into the post. Sorry!
:-[

Current Exhibitor List
Come back soon and often to watch the exhibitor list grow with us!

;D
AquaFX
Aquatic Eco-Systems, Inc.
Aquarium Specialty
Artisan Corals
Blue Life USA
Boston Aquafarms
Boyd Enterprises
Brightwell Aquatics
Champion Lighting & Supply Co
Close to My Heart
Coral Reef Aquariums