• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 420 gal Plus reef tank build in m y sunroom

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Gonna follow this one. I love these big tank builds. The logistics involved in setting up something like this are so cool. Lot of planning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It has been a while working out everything. DSA and Ken from Saltwater aquarium has designed up what I wanted and it should be a nice tank. The equipment came between Bulk reef supply and Dave at Vivid help me with plumbing, sump, some lighting, pumps etc. Even some info and help from some others on the net helped. I did lots of homework and think I have a good plan.....should be awesome once it is done.

Does anyone know a moving company that can pick the tank up at freight company in Pennsauken and bring to my house in West Deptford?

I used Moorish Movers from Eatontown to get my 315 gallon tank from Ocean County to Mt Laurel when I bought it. It was a challenging move up out of a basement through Bilco doors and down into my basement. The guys were great and well worth the money. They are experienced at moving tanks and handle Tropaqiariums deliveries.

Update...new tank is shipping tomorrow. Here are pics of new storage tanks, some plumbing begins and the new quarantine tanks in my basement.
new quarantine tanks.jpgstorage tanks.jpgtanks 2.jpg

Going to be a very nice setup if you need a hand shoot me a pm.

Thanks Raffle King..... Once I get everything in place and all everything figured out will let you know...Thanks for the offer. Need the tank here and a few items.to get everything totally figured out.

definitely call Moorish! they moved my tank in and then when Mike S bought it, they got it out! It was no easy job for sure!

The tanks looks great and I'm glad moorish worked out for you. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Is the tank constructed with 3/4 inch glass? It had to weigh close to 1000 pounds. If you need help setting up you apex I'm not that far away.

The tanks looks great and I'm glad moorish worked out for you. I can't say enough good things about those guys. Is the tank constructed with 3/4 inch glass? It had to weigh close to 1000 pounds. If you need help setting up you apex I'm not that far away.

Hi Mike S...

The tank is with 3/4 glass. Moorish guys were great. I definitely would welcome the Apex setup help!!! Thanks.... This weekend I am getting the sump located and will start laying out the plumbing. I have some guides and actuators coming as I am making the canopy on a lift also. Have a custom cabinet shop going to make all the cabinets. Need to get them so I can get the Apex and electrical all in a cabinet next to the tank, Trying to keep everything neat and organized.. It will take me some time to get this all done for sure.

Thanks guy... I know when my wife saw it...all I got was WOW...that is bigger than I expected...LOL

Here is sump under the tank....plumbing starts tomorrow,,,, tank and sump.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Wow that's a great tank. Can't wait to see it all come together. Best of luck.

Well as one can expect, even though I had lots of fittings....I need more of different things...back to Barton Supply on Monday for more schedule 80 fittings....decided to make everything schedule 80....
Here is the picture of the 2 snapper Gold pumps and the Aqualogic 1.5 KW inline Titanium heater with digital display and flow switch....really nice unit. Still waiting for the 114 watt inline UV to get here... and of course I need more fittings for this.....I can see this is gonna be a bunch of trips to the plumbing store...LOL

sump and pumps.jpg