• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

scuba diving

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Should I rent everything up here by me, or down there? And how many tanks?

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not sure on either question Mike. I guess it all depends on what time we're going to dive. I would imagine it'll only be a one tank dive but I'll leave that up to eholceker to answer.

I just checked the tide chart for August 13. Here is what they have:

Tides for Belmar, Atlantic Ocean - August 13, 2006.

Sun 8/13 Low 4:43 AM
Sun 8/13 High 11:09 AM
Sun 8/13 Low 5:15 PM
Sun 8/13 High 11:29 PM

eholceker

NJRC Member
i dont think we would need more than one tank and I have honestly never left the water with less than 2000 psi's. If the dive was very deep I would say yes, but because of the shallow depth I would say one is fine.

eholceker

NJRC Member
another reason why to wear a wetsuit is through out August there are a lot of jelly fish in the water. A lot of stuf from the ocean gets washed into the bay and i am sure they will be there so if anything u should wear one for protection.

eholceker

NJRC Member
the visibility all depends on the a lot of factors. Ive had vis around 20 feet before and sometimes you cant even see your hands in front of your face. It will all depend on the wind pattern and weather from the weeks before.

eholceker

NJRC Member
i am going to try something called a slurpe gun but i was curious to see if a jar would work since it would look see through to them.

Will this help, I have 2 boats docked in Shark R, and live in belmar, and know shark better then most and the areas that trops hang out. I do not dive but im fishing or just hanging out on the river 4-5 times a week, could guild you to the spots anytime. let me know. Greg
thumb_Spotfin.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi Greg. I was hoping you'd respond to this thread. I was just saying to Phyl that you'd probably have some good insight since you've pulled stuff from there before. Any help you could give would be great.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Greg that would be great. I never dove shark river because the time restrictions take up the whole day. I wouldnt mind starting at 6AM though.

So what time we going to start now?? :p, is going to be a early day, and do we need nets or something like???
if we need anything please let me know i want to help too

eholceker

NJRC Member
If we go with greg we are only allowed to dive in shark river before 830 and 530. In the back bay we can go whenever we want, but since this is a tidal beach we would have to dive dead high tide which will be around 11 AM. ???

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd be more inclined to do the back bay around 11:00am. I'm not really a morning guy to begin with, especially on a Sunday morning!

C

concept3

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm leaving for Vegas that morning for a madatory conference for my job.

August the 13th.

Go figure. Always my luck. I would've loved to go guys, whether it be ground support or catching something for dinner :(