• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

scuba diving

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Excellent, Rob. We look forward to seeing you there! I'm not sure about rentals in the area. I'm sure you can get a filled tank. Weights and a slurp gun may be a different story. I'll get the names of some local dive shops and give them a call to see what they have to offer.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It looks like Divers Two in Avon and Under the Sea in Neptune are the closest shops. Anyone know of any others?

I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they rent weights. I'm not sure they'd even have slurp guns, let alone rent them, but I'll check. Does everyone who's thinking of diving have their own mask, snorkel and fins? Those are pretty much "non-rentables" but if anyone needs them I'll look into it.

Phyl and I have some extra gear - two masks (one of which is hot pink . . . hers, NOT MINE!), one snorkel, two pairs of fins and possibly one tank (pending hydro inspection). It's not the greatest stuff in the world, but it works and is available for anyone who would like to borrow it.

While we're on the subject, how about a tentative headcount for divers and ground support?

Thanks!

eholceker

NJRC Member
slurp guns a pretty cheap. I know divers two sells them for around 40 bucks I think. They also rent tanks, weights, and wetsuits. However depending on how many boats they have going out that day equipment may be limited. i have a extra weight belt now because my new BC is weight integrated and medium wetsuit. Should fit someone 160lbs and under.

I have been downgraded to a maybe on the ground support.

I should know by the weekend. But I can have the two holding tanks available if the catch is bountiful!

Ill be there as support.

FOUND 1st TROPS!!
have 2 lookdowns and a jack Curvel, will post with pics later, realy nice , aclimated and feeding already

Hey Whitebird,
Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I might be intrested
I need to check the date
I could also bring my boat down
It can hold five to six comfortably

Jason

Sugestion for the land based crew, i have a 50ft sein net that can be used in the SR beach area. never know what it will collect. allways something neat!

poconofishy, working on pics, the lookdowns are NICE!!! size of silver dollers, long fins, color bands, feeding good.

jason, Fluke opened up in shark, touch bottom and you get a fish, caught limits in the last 2 days to 20 inch fish, Live mullet. 60+ total all together.
Greg

Cant let you guys have all this fun without me. I might be in, dive or land. I'm going to call a buddy of mine, he just bought a 50 ft boat last month. He loves to dive, and has lots of equipment. He caught that beautiful Angel in my tank when he was diving down in Florida. He also has a trailer that he puts 5 or 6 large tanks in with pumps and everything needed to keep fish alive.

Hef

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend. Are you free any nights during the week? I'm pretty much open all next week and would be up for either an early evening or a night dive.

eholceker

NJRC Member
I work in manhatten and dont get home until 730. By the time I get prepared I think it will be to late. If your plans change I will be going out anyways. Whitebird are you going to be around this weekend? Maybe you can show me the spots where you were thinking of going and I could do a predive and check them out. Let me know. If the tides dont make a difference and there are no restrictions we can go anytime on saturday.

poconofishy said:
Hey Whitebird,
Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! Show me da photos! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jumping up and down, tugging on your sleeve, with a touch of whine
I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! I wanna see the pictures! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Just kidding, take your time, but I am looking forward to them! ;D