• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

1/2 glass? Or broken tank?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27248
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 27248

I’d like to make my next tank…looking for 1/2 glass. I plan on making a 60x24x24 or a bit bigger. I can cut pieces down if you happen to have any larger pieces.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
wouldnt it be better to make it 20 inches deep for better pars on lights? 24inch tanks get crappy pars towards the bottom from my experience built 2 glass tanks already

D

Deleted member 27248

also should look on facebook groups i saw few people giving away glass tanks last time i saw a reef 350 with a shattered side going away for free...
My current tank is 24” deep no problem…I know several reefers with 26-30 deep…I get more than enough par at 24”…it’s also nice to have low light spot for certain corals as well.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
My current tank is 24” deep no problem…I know several reefers with 26-30 deep…I get more than enough par at 24”…it’s also nice to have low light spot for certain corals as well.
oh i have no doubt about that at all just gotta know those deep tanks require good lights so if you arent running strong lights youll run into trouble at those depths that was my issue i wasnt going to spend 1k+ on lights cause of depth

D

Deleted member 27248

I hear that! Stuff can be crazy expensive…I built my
Own t5 hybrid for cheap..used to be 6 bulb…now it’s four t5, 2 48” led bars, and I installed an AP700…it was fine before the kessil, but now it’s really awesome!

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I hear that! Stuff can be crazy expensive…I built my
Own t5 hybrid for cheap..used to be 6 bulb…now it’s four t5, 2 48” led bars, and I installed an AP700…it was fine before the kessil, but now it’s really awesome!
sounds like a sweet gig i just got the new Current USA orbit pucks the R24 supposedly reaching some crazy wars.

D

Deleted member 27248

sounds like a sweet gig i just got the new Current USA orbit pucks the R24 supposedly reaching some crazy wars.

D

Deleted member 27248

Still looking for glass if anyone has any, or any leads. I don’t have Facebook haha

Status
Not open for further replies.