• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

$1 gallon sale petsmart

Petsmart is having a dollar a gallon sale starts today 10 20 and 40gallon breeders are part of the sale the tanks are called great choice I'm not sure if they are tempered just thought I share

Is this store specific or will they all honor this? I would like to add a sump to my DT and this would be a great opportunity

they all honor this. recently petco has switched over to Tetra tanks from Aqueon though. i think people liked the aqueon tanks better, thats what i have.

It's petsmart not petco that's having it and the tank brand is great choice. notblue it's nation wide

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
Looks like I just flushed $60. I bought my sump replacement on Monday from AC in blackwood b/c I was looking to reuse baffles sized for an Aqueon and the Petco near me closed + I just missed the sale by 2-3 weeks and didn't want to wait 6 months. For $40 I could have had dozens of baffles cut and still come out ahead. Sorry. Just felt like a rant. $40 for a 40b is an AWESOME deal

It sure is I picked up a 40 breeder and a 20 and from what I have read so fair they are not tempered :)

fatoldsun

NJRC Member
You'd blow through your profit on gas Jose. Lucky if any given store has more than 2. I was gonna buy a spare at petco literally 2 weeks before my sump blew out. I was gonna use it as a frag tank. I realized it couldn't be plumbed into my system the way I wanted so I reconsidered. I regretted that move. I still have the 20s I got last time - I use the long for a QT and the tall for my ATO. At $20 I couldn't help myself. I just wanted more, you know... Just in case

The petsmart in watchung is less 1 40 breeder. It's in my garage now. I saw 1 left there. All the 20 gallons were gone.

If they are tempered, I might have one for sale soon or will return it. I'll have to confirm mine when I get home.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The petsmart in watchung is less 1 40 breeder. It's in my garage now. I saw 1 left there. All the 20 gallons were gone.

Come pickup your GB items so I can go grab that one! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I got mine last night and it said tempered glass

Don't believe everything you read. The 40B I had had a label that said "Do Not Drill Glass."

IMG_1257.jpg

I did the tempered glass test with a white computer screen and pair of polarized sunglasses and found that only the bottom glass was tempered. The sides were not tempered. I drilled the tank.....no problem.

So do the tempered glass test to verify.

I did the test and I think the sides are not tempered. Can anyone else who got a Great Choice 40 breeder confirm my test? It's the first time I have done it. The bottom is definitely tempered, but I only saw little variation between the bottom and the sides.

Just an FYI for those who picked one of these up. I successfully drill one side of the tank (40 breeder) yesterday. Maybe just the bottom is tempered.