• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

125 FW to 125 SW......

Hello eveyone, a couple years back i converted my fresh water tank to salt, and it began...

boy i had no clue what i was getting into man.....one nite a buddy of mine came over we threw a couple back. and he got in my ear that i should change it over...so i listened, he showed me some things online. and it was over from there. ive had the tank running now for about 2 years.

when the process 1st started i was a newbie and just bought the cheap stuff and learned my lesson. i broke my tank down after a couple months cause i upgraded the filtration and lighting. i added a 55g sump along with a HOB overflow kit.

we'll say a couple months later, after a crash basically, i stepped back and game planned. i did about a year and a half research then jump back in. i sent the tank out to get drilled, re-did the plumbing a couple of times to get it were its at now, i upgraded the lights crazy, upgraded the water movement, sump works much better now after i trimmed the baffles down alittle, set the skimmer up to the appropriate height, got a new stand and canopy set... basically went to town.

currently i have a couple fish in there, alot of coral, things are going great. i will post pics 1st then give a stock list of my tank...

well i gotta figure out how to make the pics under 192kb. untill then im gonna sign off and do some research about this here problem....

welcome to NJRC, im looking foward to pictures!

try photobucket.com
yea you have to create an account, but its free
you then can upload your photos to that, edit them fairly easy and in a click transfer them over to this site.. check it out!

16.jpg

10.jpg

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/grubsnaek/9.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq179/grubsnaek/21.jpg

this is the starting of the tank..

this is after just setting up, say about 2 weeks after...
33.jpg

this pic is not really that recent, but it will work. the pic is about 3-4 months old. i gonna charge the camera to see i can up these pics some...
new2.jpg

you can see in my last post that the bottom pic is brighter. i will give specs later but here are some more shots of the tank.....
downsized_0910081745.jpg

downsized_0705082103a_600x600_.jpg

downsized_0705082103_600x600_.jpg

well for a quick description of my tank:

Canopy:
custom made canopy
640w of actinic VHO
525w of 10k SE halides
custom blue lunar lights
(2x) 4" fans installed into each side of canopy, one pulls air into canopy, the other one pulls air out of canopy

125DT:
235-250lbs of fiji live rock
about 125lbs of fiji live sand
25-30 diff type of corals
9x- blue green chromis
1x- flame angel
1x- royal gramma
2x- 10-12" engineer gobies
painted black backround
(in my 20L QT i have a blue jaw trigger and a hippo tang)
2x- hydor koralia #3's

Stand:
i have a 55g sump/fuge
about 50-60% of this tank is my fuge
(fuge contains about 65-75lbs of fiji sand, plus 25-40lbs of live rubble rock for frags,also have three diff types of macro algae)
Mag18 as my sump return, which is split to return some water to my skimmer chamber
ETSS reef devil delux is my skimmer, rated for tanks at 180g or so...

Plumbing:
i used 1" bulk heads to drain the main tank and also plumbed everything with 1" pvc. the return into the tank is also split. so with it being split in the fuge to dump back into the skimmer section, plus being split at the top of tank to return into the main tank. i lost alot of head pressure. so i recently bought 2 eductors to help out the flow from the return.

not at all, i thought since he was in a tank pritty much covered in softies he would. but not that ive seen...

The tank looks very nice although I find the lockline very distracting. I think if you were able to hide the lock line under the crossbraces and limit their distance down into the water the aquascape would have a more natural look.

i have two 1" drains on this tank......and im not really feeling the loclines either. gonna wait till after the swap to play around with it...

malulu

NJRC Member
nice setup, great aqualscape too...

BTW:
my flame angle was good citizen for the 1st 6 months, then he started to pick on some of my corals... i then increase the feeding... and the picking stopped.