• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

125 gallon tank

Hello everyone,

New member first time posting (besides in the freebie section for my maroon clown)

I am finally getting around to starting my own tale of the tank thread below is my current setup

This tank has been set up for a little over 6 months now

Equipment:
125 gallon glass tank
trigger system ruby 36 sump
3X MarsAqua 165 watt LEDs
reef octopus 150 skimmer
about 100 Lbs Rock
Livestock:
Fish
6 line wrasse
moca clown
porcupine puffer
yellow tang
kole eye tang
powder blue tang
toxedo urchin
corals (I am not sure on all the correct names)
GSP (thanks to @etmanning1 )
red montis (thanks to @etmanning1 )
maneater
ZOA
polyps
mushroom
hammer
kenia tree

IMG-20180813-WA0018.jpg 20180709_164508.jpg Screenshot_20180813-111759_WhatsApp.jpg IMG-20180813-WA0023.jpg IMG-20180813-WA0022.jpg IMG-20180813-WA0021.jpg IMG-20180813-WA0020.jpg

I am glad to finally Join NJRC (and start posting lol) everyone here is super friendly it seems like one big family

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Welcome to the forum. I will enjoy following along. What county are you located in?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, @Emmanuel

Can you spread out your lights a little more? Maybe like 6'' apart? It looks like your're getting some shadowing on the corners

Welcome, @Emmanuel

Can you spread out your lights a little more? Maybe like 6'' apart? It looks like your're getting some shadowing on the corners
Unfortunately I can't the mount I have won't allow it. Would it be an issue if I just keep my corals in the center?

Last edited:

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
UnforrUnfortu I can't the mount I have won't allow it. Would it be an issue if I just keep my corals in the center?
should be ok, just will be limited to what you can place in the corners. Maybe some NPS corals where lighting is not an issue. I would just light acclimate corals placed in the center as being that close could cause hot-spots where the lights overlap.