• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

13g Fluval Evo

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I had all intentions of emptying/ shelving/selling/giving it away when I moved the fish to the 28g cube, but kept the filter running- thing is, it's right next to my computer desk- would miss the distraction. So I decided to make it a zoa garden- with easy softies- moved some zoas, some gsp from @Salted , a kenya tree and blue polyps today. Replaced the led strip lights I had which are mostly white ( couldn't enjoy the zoas ) with a 165w Wills- I know, too much, but I have it on the lowest settings and can control the blue/whites- just have to figure/ work out a way to hang it from the wall
@brokereefer , still thinking pico- down the road, unless I can get additions cheap/free :D

Now I have 4 tanks again- still working on the stand for the 75/ 30l long transfer- all in my head so far

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Built a shelf to hang the light from- now looking to add some more easy corals- may take a trip to Mike's in Parsippany or Sealevel for some of their $10/15 frags

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Not sure where you are located but I'm in Central NJ - Howell so if you are in my area let me know I'll gladly donate :)
I'm in Chester- Morris county- a bit too far for me unless you ever go to Reefco- or will ship- I'd pay postage an a bit for your time ;) :cool:

I do go to reefco on occasion so next time I'm heading up that way I can let you know. Would hate to have you spend money on shipping a donation.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I do go to reefco on occasion so next time I'm heading up that way I can let you know. Would hate to have you spend money on shipping a donation.
Not sure how big the frags are but the small flat rate box or envelope from usps is around $9. Yates sent me orange polyps overnight first class for around the same price- it was a deli container the size for 2 lbs inside a box made the same size- the lager box ( medium ) is around $16. Don't mind paying that much- Or we can meet up at Reefco the next time you make the trip- either way, Thanks. PM me if you want to mail them

Salted

NJRC Member
@mwil79 If there’s that many you’re getting rid of I’d like a purple hairy mushroom too. I’d be able to meet at reefco. I’d be willing to pick up for @DYIguy as well.

@mwil79 If there’s that many you’re getting rid of I’d like a purple hairy mushroom too. I’d be able to meet at reefco. I’d be willing to pick up for @DYIguy as well.

Absolutely, I have a colony that my clowns host/sleep on and they tend to just drop "babies" which blow around my tank for a while. I have quite a few extra I believe.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
So now it looks like it won't be just zoas, the small yellow watchman is there temporarily, I just moved a blue clown goby that that seemed too stressed in the 40, now they have each other for a while- finding fish for this size tank locally is hard, but I guess I'll be looking for a couple and some small inverts

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Spent the morning catching/moving the 2 Springer damsels from the 40- rearranging rock in both tanks- Springers were constantly harassed by the pink damsel and stayed in a corner- used a piece of clear plastic to corral them- seem very happy exploring all the tank- Getting some sexy shrimp tomorrow- also pleased with the 40 - opened up more sand bed- going to move the toadstool I got from @Salted to a spot I have saved for it

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Clown goby, watchman goby , fire shrimp all fun for the evo
I have a green clown goby in the Evo and a yellow in my cube, watchman get too big for me in that size tank- have a yellow in my 40- I may move my black-ray goby from the cube to the nano- a blenny that stays small would cap it off for me- looking for something I don't have- have a mated pair of neon gobies and a sharktooth in different tanks