• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

175g bowfront

I would Google some woodworking websites for making curved cabinetry. The easiest way is make a template off the tank top and build a form from the template. Using thin sheets of plywood (1/8" or 1/4")bend them over the form and glue them together to create a curved 1/2" or 3/4" board. You'll ne a lot of clamps.

A 175 is an entirely different scale, but on my 26, I cut the ribs out of 3/4" oak. I added upright supports every 8" or so and then put a veneer on but slitting the back every 3/4". Even on that small of a bow, it was a fairly tedious build, but doable.

Yeah that's gonna be a pain in the ass! You could cut a 3/4 " piece of plywood the same as the top of your tank. Then just tack n glue something around the edges thats flexible like formica or a finished thin veneer or even a thin aluminum would look neat if your goin for a modern look. I don't know ?

The stand is a metals collection so it is covered in stainless steel and i want to cover the canopy as well, so thats not really a big deal, but i would like to see how they built the doors or if its easier to make the whole front lift up. I remember seeing a diy build thread but cant find one now that i have a bow :'(

It needs a canopy....
1010091615a.jpg

justchad said:
The stand is a metals collection so it is covered in stainless steel and i want to cover the canopy as well, so thats not really a big deal, but i would like to see how they built the doors or if its easier to make the whole front lift up. I remember seeing a diy build thread but cant find one now that i have a bow :'(

As with me, been going so long using the Oceanic 90 gallon Canopy, but its a pain to constantly move it off to do work on the tank, I can't find that thread either! ughh!