• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

275 mixed reef

here is a pic just for fun...was my 275 I had going just after a year in the hobby..went from a 20L to this!!!! This is whathappens.."WHEN ADDICTS GO CRAZY"...ha ha LOL
2010_0207FTS0001.jpg

must have been a real challenge to move.
Actually..I sold mostly everything except a few choice corls and fish like an 11 eye pink tyree watermeoln chalice.alien eye favia, a pair of snowflake clows....lost them all in the move..stupid mistake..left everything in the cab of my pick up..towed it here..all in bags and styros..plan was to leave the truck running to have heat...BUT!!! didn't leave the truck running :p
the tank is also HEAVY!!!!!!
Hey Rich! Glad to see you back!! How is everything doing?
Thanks....good to be back on the site...things are good ..despite the fact i broke down the 275 and am just keeping a 75 for play..moving to fla. in April...so...
Is that a blue carpet on the lower left side?
Between the flame angel and orange tree sponge???no..actually that is a gigantic clam...football size..lol...I do have carpet in that tank...hard to see though..very left on bottom.....was a green with white stripes...and I got lucky...i put it there..it attached to the bottom glass of the tank..and loved it there...NEVER moved! Whew!....had a breeding pair of clowns hosting it and everything was fed regularly..even 3 am feedings with a turkey baster for the narcternal critters and corals...

the green carpet
2010_1121gottago0015.jpg

giant clam
2010_0103clamsetc0019.jpg

and a closer shot of the center of the tank..you can see the clam left of the hammer coral..that gold rim naso was show size..8"..to get a scale of the size of that clam..
2010_0103just30037.jpg