• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

3 gallon bowfront

I had a 2 gallon fluval spec setup about 4 years ago. It was up for about a year and a half before I took it down. I've missed it ever since. So since we are all home now I figured it's a good time to setup a new pico.

Its Mr Aqua 3 gallon bowfront with a kessil a80, reef breeders ato, 50 watt heater and a little hang on back filter. Nothing fancy just a simple setup. The rock is pukani that I had left over from my 225 gallon. I seeded it with a little piece of rock covered in coraline from the 225. Just going to let it run for a little while and cycle. My plans for it are some sexy shrimp a couple snails maybe a pom pom crab. For coral zoas and mushrooms.20200413_110024.jpg20200413_110033.jpg

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This will be great. How did you decided to connect the kessil ?

I picked up a used controller my apex is hooked up to the tank in the basement. It would of been to much work to run the wire down there to control the light.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I picked up a used controller my apex is hooked up to the tank in the basement. It would of been to much work to run the wire down there to control the light.
Yeah I kind of figured.
these companies need to start using Wi-Fi
We shouldn’t be running wires in 2020 to get things to talk to each other

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Looks like a fun little tank.
im looking for one myself right now maybe around 8 or 10 gallons. I wanna do nems and a clown.

Yeah I kind of figured.
these companies need to start using Wi-Fi
We shouldn’t be running wires in 2020 to get things to talk to each other
Yeah I know the new hydros controllers are going to have wifi power strips that can be mounted anywhere which should be cool.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
That is about the cutest tank I've ever seen, and I used to carry guns and jump out of helicopters and stuff.
When I do pico builds or read about them it always makes me laugh a bit as, 'Thats a nice 2-5 gallon tank with a $200-400 support system.'
MInd you, my new 7g build (your old fragger), with stand, is up to around the $500 mark.
It's funny how we can downsize an aquarium by 90% or more and still spend so much.

I know what you mean I had the light, ato ,heater, rock, sand and filter already. I just had to buy the tank and kessil controller those two things cost me $110. If I had to buy everything it would of cost me over $300

Upgraded my HOB filter with a slim flo 120. It's way better then the one I had on there the old one was very loud. The slim flo is pretty much silent and puts out a little more flow. Plus it looks nicer 20200420_105954.jpg20200420_105943.jpg