• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

30 Gallon Breeder Tale of a Tizank

So after this weekends meeting i have begun to kick up into high gear for my tank move.

This weekend im going to pick up the stand. I decided not to drill the tank at this time since i will be moving in the next year.

Heres my equipment so far.
Aquatinics Tx5 Individual reflectors 5 geissman bulbs.
30 Gallon Breeder
Wood Stand
2 Hydor Koralia Nanos
1 Aqua C Nano Remora
1 150 Watt Heater
NO SAND my clowns are out of control
i have about 5 - 10 pounds of rock in my tank that i will add more over time and slowly add too.

I am going to place the tank against the wall with the short side against the wall. I am going to throw in a peice of black acrylic in the back to block out seeing the intake for the skimmer and heater. This area will be like 4 inchs wide.

Can anyone suggest any other equipment to buy like phosban or calcium reactor since i have this chamber.

Nope not until i move.

Then i will probably look into getting a tank made with the same dimensions as a 50 breeder and drilled.

This will be a temp/QT tank. My clowns are getting to adult size and desperately need to be upgraded.

I was think about hookiin up a phosban reactor with phosphate media but i couldnt think of any other equipment to besides that.

So you want pictures you got it. Im pickin up the stand on saturday.

The start of the goodies.....
0415082232.jpg

How i will place the koralias with a rock ledge between them. I just need to find someone with that perfect piece.
0415082246.jpg

Tank with the Aquatinics tx5, the small side is going against the wall.
0415082233.jpg

Geissman Actnic Bulbs on
0415082237.jpg

There is a two 10k and a red bulb i dont know the number of all on
0415082239.jpg

Anyones got any suggestions let me know. Or if you have that peice of rock im lookin for... ;D

What size pump for the return?

Also will i be able to maintain i high enough level to use the Aqua C nano remora Hang over the back?

One Word "NED"

I love sirius, the thought of LIQUID sugar honey ice tea grosses me out.

Heres my deal im worried about power outtages and a having an overflow. What can i get to avoid a sump over flow in the event of a power outage or pump break. We have been getting alot of power outtages since it started getting warmer.
I am going to pick up the stand tommorow along with that fish place.

So id like to pick up all supplies on satruday.

How big of an hob overflow?
How big of pump
And how do i avoid a flood.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
between listing on the Internet all day at work, 1 hour commute (both ways), and listing at home, some days I'll have Sirius on for almost 17 hours.

Sorry for the hijack...back to the tank build :-X

Sha, Sha, Sha, Shake-a-do!

WOOT WOOT

Im tired from all the lifting and soar. I got the tank up and running within 4 hours and the only thing was a slight 1 degree difference between tank water and new tank water. Here are pics im doing this from my Blackbeery so hopefully it comes out

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg