• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

300+ gallon tank build.....my side project for Paul C.

C

concept3

Well, that sucks, our little splash of color didn't come in today. We received:

5 perculas
3 red linkia stars
2 blue linkias
200 margarita snails (Ole!)
3 tuxedo urchins
5 HUGE emerald crabs
some mushrooms and a bubble coral.....

the tangs didn't come in, along with a small harem of cardinals, so I guess we'll have to wait until we get the ich again, for now, the inhabitants need to situate themselves and start cleaning the darn tank!!!

C

concept3

tangs came in Wednesday, along with a leather coral, a green carpet anemone, 4 firefish, 4 cardinals, 4 mangrove plants some more emeralds........

LOL, I just noticed my post above..........

C

concept3

concept3 said:
we'll have to wait until we get the ich again, for now, the inhabitants need to situate themselves and start cleaning the darn tank!!!

I meant:

"well have to wait until we get the ITCH again.........."  for fish, not the dreaded white spot disease, LOL

Thank you Jerry and Rich who stopped by Paul's today and helped me out. Thanks Jerry for helping me "riggis" the VHO's, and Rich for dropping off the piece of wood for the hood skirt.

I took a few pics after I siphoned all the detritus, and I switched the bulbs around to see if we liked it better......

Main tank pics have 400W 20,000K's on the sides, and a 4 day old 400W 10,000K in the middle.........

P7.jpg

P8.jpg

C

concept3

One of the three Tuxedo Urchins keeping the rocks clean.....

P2.jpg

This fairy wrasse is in my tank......

P1.jpg

This one was supposed to go in my tank, but somehow the bag was opened up in the tank........  grrrrr........  I WANT A REGAL!!!!!!!!

P5.jpg

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That picture of the Yellow Tangs is freakin' awesome.. I'm really not a big fan of them.. but damn.. That makes me want to get a few! :D

that last picture is my new wallpaper.

awesome tank you have their Paul!!

and you have a great "teacher"

just follow his lead.

great work Merv.

C

concept3

Got some new fish!

We wanted to try keeping an angel in a large reef tank, so we ordered a juvenile imperator, a fairy wrasse, a royal gramma and 4 bartletts anthias to go with the group. I think we're just about done with the fish.

I also had a little trouble with the glare and reflection of the main sliding door and window, so these are the more "maneagable" pics.......

June-2006-Imperator.jpg

school-of-bartletts.jpg

Junhe-2006-bartletts-anthia.jpg

paul_s-whole-tank.jpg

The fairy wrasse and royal gramma went to immediate hiding when we put them in the tank, so they'll have to wait for their photo opportunity....

All his corals are doing surprisingly well, they are all growing and the colors are really starting to come out!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Yeah How is that Emperor doing in a reef? I would loooooove to put mine in the big tank when I get it set up again.. But I know he eats zoo's like it's going out of style.

C

concept3

Stidd said:
/\

How is this gorgeous monster doing???

~G

It is doing very well!  As a matter of fact, I uploaded more pics up on my gallery for the purpose of updating the thread but was procrastinating.....  so here they are:

C

concept3

PC5.jpg

Well, the tank's current stocking will be it. I don't feel comfortable adding more fish, although me thinks it can hold more. I'm not there to monitor the tank on a daily basis, so I'm gonna play it safe with the bioload.

We had an incident with some kind of marine velvet about a month ago, and we lost 3 out of the 8 yellow tangs, and the purple tang. I was able to rescue 5 Zebrazoma flavescence, of which I took the smallest one home and threw him in my frag tank to control the tufts of algae growing in there. He's doing fine in there which left 4 in the tank.

The fish list:
one 6 inch Koran Angel
one 5 inch Red sea regal
one 3 inch Pomacanthus imperator (emperor)
one blue tang
four yellow tangs
three pink skunk clowns
two perculas
four squampinnis anthias
four bartletts anthias
four green chromis
four pajama cardinals