• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

32 gallon 20x18x20 tank setup

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
On that small of a tank, you'll want a sump, i would say drill it, equipment will wind up taking a lot of room in the display. Sump can also increase your water volume and help with stability. Depends on the coral as far as lighting goes, and a budget.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd go for the Glass-Holes 700 gph kit....complete kit is $79....if you don't mind blemished you can get one for $69.

1320190052833-2008935932.jpeg

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Great tank size, and I agree with all of the above for glass holes and drilling. We ran a similar tank HOB, but it obviously has it's drawbacks.

Equipment:
Make sure you leave room for an ato container and get a good ato. Evaporation can swing the salinity in a nano pretty quickly.
Skimmer I think any of the smaller cone skimmer will do great in sump, I think the last one we had was reef octopus and it was great.
Return pump, it seems that the adjustable ones are all the rage, and I would probably go with that given you want to be able to tune the nano.
Consider a manifold, space is always at a premium for a nano, so plan accordingly.
Lighting you can do anything at that size.

What sort of lights and equipment were you thinking of?

Equipment:
Eshopps nano cube refugium
Eshopps s-120 or dsk-75 skimmer not sure.
Thinking of going with the kessil 360
Return pump not sure, looking at the jebao dcs-3000
Tunze nano 3152 ato. Running the 3155 on my 120

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We have the smaller Kessil over our tank and love it. Wit the goose neck "stand" it is really easy and clean to setup. Everything else looks great.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I am working on a design for my DCT4000. I'm going to put a ball value and union on the return line. Like @mnat said the union will allow the quick change of the pump if needed. The ball value is to give finer controllers if needed plus allow me to switch the pump (again if needed) without worrying about water back flowing though the return line.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Return pump (Jebao DCS-3000) wouldn't fit in the sump only have 3.5"x5.5" . Any recommendations on another return pump? How many gph should i be looking for?

Last edited: