• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

45 Gallon Custom Marinland Cube Tank Build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
So now that you have had the aqua illuminations light for a while what are your thoughts on it? The tank looks really good under the lights.

I did the bottle because at some point im going to move it into the rock work.

For right now im trying to get it cover in coraline.

I LOVE THESE LIGHTS. my electric went down 30 bucks and my tank consistently stays at 78.

They also just came out with a firm ware upgrade for the controller with some better programing.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
What was the acclimation time like? I have heard they can burn corals if started at 100% right off the bat. I am looking into these for way down the road, so that is why i am asking questions.

mnat said:
What was the acclimation time like? I have heard they can burn corals if started at 100% right off the bat. I am looking into these for way down the road, so that is why i am asking questions.

Well when i first turned them on i immediately had a digitata bleach, like immediately.

The Anemone retracted as well and my zoas closed up.

I have them set on 100 percent blue and 50 percent white. There is a 2 to 1 ration of white to blue. So if you have sps you can jack up the white to provide more growth.

Re: 45 Gallon Custom Marinland Cube Tank Build - New Picture

hornets-1.jpg