• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

600G setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
oh?, what didn't you like about those
1)I need it to fit under a stand and the rubber maid tubs are high.
2) I need a sump that has different chambers. Having a large tub doesn’t work for that.
3) I like to run a refugium so I would like a separate refugium chamber.
4) it’s hard to keep the water level for the skimmer. A sump with a separate skimmer section makes it easy.
5) I like using filter socks adding filter socks to a rubber maid tub sucks.

They are a great solution for a lot of people and it’s amazing the water volume you get for so cheap. But for my setup they don’t work.

I'm going to need something like a traditional refugium for my set up too. like 72x18x18. probably I will try to build something myself since it's just a sump.

I've been running my refugium in a bucket. I haven't been able to find a black bucket to completely eliminate the light spill [supply chain shortage] and I haven't bought the kessil light yet but it will strip my nitrates and phosphates down to 0 if I'm not careful. but basically just a couple of uniseals elbows and pvc with the input higher up then output. hole cut on lid for light with some water saftey holes drilled up high by lid.

16397468268834770621255655953202.jpg16397468477478437906726315223744.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.