• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

75G update slowly getting there still some hiccups tho :(

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
75Gallon stand finally stained auto refill finally connect tank kind of stabilizing hopefully...
been testing the water alot trying to get it to stabilize as much as possible.
dont mind the wires lol still need to organize and zip tie them down lol
trying to figure out why my anemones died or in the process of dying dont think there is anyway of saving the damage unfortunately
going to try and grow some chaeto eventually having some temp issues since my downstairs has horrible insolation getting alot of temp swings

any advice is good advice.

Attachments

• 75g 1.jpg
    75g 1.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 75g 2.jpg
    75g 2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 20

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Looks rimless, did it come that way. I'm so tempted to remove the middle brace on the top of mine
umm i bought it that way the glass has that tiny tint of black in it and the back is painted black but definitely was built like that cause the paint is too well done

Salted

NJRC Member
having some temp issues since my downstairs has horrible insolation getting alot of temp swings

any advice is good advice.
I’m going to guess you’re using only one heater and it’s having trouble keeping up when the room temp drops? I use an inkbird that runs two 300w brs titanium heaters on my 75g/20g sump and no issues.
Looks rimless, did it come that way. I'm so tempted to remove the middle brace on the top of mine
I don’t think you can remove the center brace. You’re likely risking having 75g of water on the floor if you do. Rimless tanks here thicker glass for strength. Rimmed tanks have thin glass and the rim to hold it together.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I’m going to guess you’re using only one heater and it’s having trouble keeping up when the room temp drops? I use an inkbird that runs two 300w brs titanium heaters on my 75g/20g sump and no issues.

I don’t think you can remove the center brace. You’re likely risking having 75g of water on the floor if you do. Rimless tanks here thicker glass for strength. Rimmed tanks have thin glass and the rim to hold it together.
you have one in the display or both in the sump?

Salted

NJRC Member
Both in the sump. They are perfectly sized to fit sideways in a 20l. I have them both in the fuge section, one on each side.

Attachments

• 6281E097-633A-4D96-9388-9485BEE9795F.jpeg
    6281E097-633A-4D96-9388-9485BEE9795F.jpeg
    957.3 KB · Views: 5

DYIguy

NJRC Member

Damn! LOL

Salted

NJRC Member
hmm maybe the 300w single isnt enough? i have it set at 84 and its some amazon one nothing fancy
Even if it was you need redundancy. If your one heater goes out it sounds like your tank is going to freeze. Also, 84 sounds warm to me. Pretty sure there’s a thread on temp here and most of us are at 78/79*.

Get another heater, you can get away with a 250w, in case one dies the other will keep the tank close to temp between 78/80 on my case

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Get another heater, you can get away with a 250w, in case one dies the other will keep the tank close to temp between 78/80 on my case
ordered another heater ill keep in the left side of the sump the other on the right side ill run them both at 78 see what happens