• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

9/11

Tomorrow I will be rucking a marathon at the shore in honor of those lost.

I like to collect patches on various rucking events raising money for many different causes. This is the only patch permanently attached to my rucksack.

I will never forget.

Attachments

• 90861EBC-A91C-486B-9932-926BF3F9F653.jpeg
    90861EBC-A91C-486B-9932-926BF3F9F653.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Helping my son with his schoolwork today, about the attacks.
Twice I had to stop and walk away to collect myself.
My son saw I was upset, came out and gave me a hug, and I explained to him what I saw that day.
I won't show him the videos just now, still don't think I can ever see them again.

I watched those towers come down for 3 straight days after it happened. Haven’t seen them since. Walk out the room if it comes in the TV. Doubt I’ll ever be able to watch it again.

Paul B

NJRC Member
I helped build those Iconic towers in the early 70s and was near by when they fell so I saw them fall.
My company lost two men there that day. We worked there often. The apprentice, a young girl went out to get coffee so she survived.
One of my most horrible days.

I was only 5 when this happened and I wasn't living in the U.S yet. But in Chile, it was on the news immediately. I remember watching it with my family

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
My husband worked for a company called Cantor Fitzgerald for 8 years. He quit on 9-7-01 which was the friday before the attack. The first plane hit the lower floors that Cantor rented. They rented floors 101 to 105. All stair wells were destroyed so no one from 101 could leave. There were only a few who survived that day from Cantor. There was one person, Harry, who came out alive but was badly buried over 90%. He was in the hospital for weeks. He had a secretary that was 7 months pregnant. He received a phone call that there was a visitor in the lobby on the first floor. You physically had to bring up visitors to Cantor. His secretary was on a phone call and since she was pregnant, Harry went down to get the visitor. Just as the elevator doors opened, there was a blast of flames shooting down the elevator shaft. The force of the flames blew him out of the elevator. Cantor lost 658 employees that day. We received so many calls from wives/husbands/parents asking if we heard anything about their loved one.

My husband worked for a company called Cantor Fitzgerald for 8 years. He quit on 9-7-01 which was the friday before the attack. The first plane hit the lower floors that Cantor rented. They rented floors 101 to 105. All stair wells were destroyed so no one from 101 could leave. There were only a few who survived that day from Cantor. There was one person, Harry, who came out alive but was badly buried over 90%. He was in the hospital for weeks. He had a secretary that was 7 months pregnant. He received a phone call that there was a visitor in the lobby on the first floor. You physically had to bring up visitors to Cantor. His secretary was on a phone call and since she was pregnant, Harry went down to get the visitor. Just as the elevator doors opened, there was a blast of flames shooting down the elevator shaft. The force of the flames blew him out of the elevator. Cantor lost 658 employees that day. We received so many calls from wives/husbands/parents asking if we heard anything about their loved one.
Such a sad story, but we came back bigger and stronger as a country at that time, wish that feeling didn’t stop, and here we are today dealing with another mess/ Bless us all

momof6kids

NJRC Member
9/11 was horrible. My son and daughter in law worked in the towers and their train which was supposed to be an express, became a local and made every stop. That saved them. Everyone in their company, Marsh, who rented the floors right above Canter Fitzgerald, who made it in to work, did not survive.

Our country on 9/12 was unified and strong, wish we would remember that time. It didn't matter color/religion/gender we were one.