• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Abalone feeding?

So in November I put an abalone in each of my 2 tanks. One tank is more cold water and the other one is normal like 75 degrees. Neither one moves far ( I was hoping it would be like putting a zambonie on an ice skating rink cleaning the glass for me). The only way i can get then to eat is if I am able to put some green nori between their mouth and glass... only do it every few weeks in hopes they will start looking for food. They seem to be doing good but who knows... how often should I feed them and any ideas how or what? Jere is the one that is easy to feed and takes it easy. Also, I'm a night owl and even after the lights go out they still stay in the same area, noticed they do not like much light. Do they happen to filter feed also?
aee89592f39e35f3346f83bf0f2df019.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Here is a pic 10 min after the first one that shows how much it ate and it's still going
173f26041577a6fcf4592cb77d241939.jpg

There is a video on an abalone farm in California. They feed the abalone kelp. Since they are more of an macro algae eater, I wouldn't think they would be good at cleaning glass. Of course, I could be wrong about smaller species.

abalone aside - you have a lot of healthy bristle worms in that tank! They are not filter feeders - that much I know. I would think the cooler tank would have the more active one. Neat invert though.

@mark I'll have to look at that.
@Hawkeye lol I tottaly have a healthy population.. as for activeness, the one in the colder tank stays put then will move within a small area.. not much reading on them.. was hoping someone had one before or knew of someone who had one before..