• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ABC Reagents for Trident

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I'm going to need more reagents for my tridents soon and came across ABC Reagents which sells reagents for almost half the price of Neptune's. Has anybody used these I don't see many reviews for this product?

I will be using once my reagents run out in a few months. They basically reverse engineered Neptunes reagents. It can’t hurt to try since they are more than 1/2 the price cheaper. I saved 3 empty Neptune reagent bottles that I will transfer the reagents into. I have not heard one bad thing about them.

Just saw this on their website which is new.
That’s a lot of reagent Almost 3 years worth

Attachments

• 250F4DA9-351E-4082-863F-989B27226764.png
    250F4DA9-351E-4082-863F-989B27226764.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Just saw this on their website which is new.
That’s a lot of reagent Almost 3 years worth
I saw that also that's crazy. I'm probably going to place an order for the 6 months. It is key to keep the neptune bottles because i did read these don't fit in the trident.

I saw that also that's crazy. I'm probably going to place an order for the 6 months. It is key to keep the neptune bottles because i did read these don't fit in the trident.
I believe they redesigned the bottles to fit. If you purchase I would just make sure if you don’t have any bottles

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Damn this post is a week late lol
I just purchase a 6 month of reagent.
I didn’t know about abc
Where do you order it from ?

Jamie S

NJRC Member
He explains it in this interview but yes basically because he would be undercutting profits from one of their main sponsors they kept him quiet. Also is the humblefish link addressing the allegations in the video and different responses from people who were more privy to details included the inventor of the trident. He's basically not happy because the less reagents Neptune sales, the less he received in royalties. The inventor, if I'm not mistaken, even went so far as to post private information of the creator of ABC reagents and even posted a picture of his 4 year old daughter on the R2R forum. I believe that's what i read if somebody knows differently please correct me.

It is a good learning community for the average hobbyist however many people have left due to them kowtowing to their sponsors.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I had a post deleted from reef2reef
I was posting I had 3 different salinity
Probes and none of them worked.
One was right out of the package.

I took pictures of the steps I followed and none of the probes worked.
I installed them on a 20 gallon tank with nothing but water and a heater and the
Person at the Neptune help desk was not able to get it to work.

Now 3 yrs later they dropped the salinity probe from the new apex lol