• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

About Reefabout

Hey guys, this is my first post! I’m in Atlantic City and am starting a 10 gallon nano reef. :) I am a year short of having my liscense so going out to Ocean Aquarium all the time can be a pain. I’ve been to Reefabout a few years ago and now it says it’s closed on google but others say it’s still open. I just need this to be cleared up for me as it would be a very strategically placed store near me. Thanks, Paul. :)

myrjon

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
call first .look at right side of pic maybe on tues open ? call first..

I think they are closed. Stopped by a few times over the last few months and the tanks are empty and lights off. The owners FB profile shows a new job too... very sad. That post myrjon posted is 1 year old.

I think they are closed. Stopped by a few times over the last few months and the tanks are empty and lights off. The owners FB profile shows a new job too... very sad. That post myrjon posted is 1 year old.
Wow that is extremely sad. :( Alex was a really cool dude. Well thanks anyway guys.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I heard they closed. I didn't get to go much but they were a great shop.

Second welcome aboard. I'm about 45min from you and work at Stockton. I used to go to Ocean Aquarium a lot but since breaking down my tanks I don't go much. Hopefully soon I will get a tank going again.

I heard they closed. I didn't get to go much but they were a great shop.

Second welcome aboard. I'm about 45min from you and work at Stockton. I used to go to Ocean Aquarium a lot but since breaking down my tanks I don't go much. Hopefully soon I will get a tank going again.
Wow you work like 20 mins away. :eek: Any tips for a new reefkeeper you are willing to share? When do you think you’ll start up a new tank?

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Wow you work like 20 mins away. :eek: Any tips for a new reefkeeper you are willing to share? When do you think you’ll start up a new tank?

Some advice:
  • Take it slow. Don't rush things cause nothing good happens quickly in this hobby.
  • No matter what you do you will find at least one person saying you did it wrong so don't let people get to you
  • Research, Research, Research, and Research
  • Ask questions
Not sure. I hope soon. I need to get a house first. I miss having a tank but I know I need the break right now so I can focus getting bills paid off and getting into a house

Some advice:
  • Take it slow. Don't rush things cause nothing good happens quickly in this hobby.
  • No matter what you do you will find at least one person saying you did it wrong so don't let people get to you
  • Research, Research, Research, and Research
  • Ask questions
Not sure. I hope soon. I need to get a house first. I miss having a tank but I know I need the break right now so I can focus getting bills paid off and getting into a house
Thanks man, definitely am trying to keep myself patient but it’s hard. I’ll try to keep my posts to a minimum as to not annoy people here. I’m going to gonna have some softies like zoas and simple GSP yanno. : )

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Thanks man, definitely am trying to keep myself patient but it’s hard. I’ll try to keep my posts to a minimum as to not annoy people here. I’m going to gonna have some softies like zoas and simple GSP yanno. : )
@paulsterino the one thing with this site. Ask all the questions you want even if you think they are stupid. The folks here are great and will not judge you. You will not get annoning and members here will do their best to help you in any way they can.