• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Absinthes 72g bowfront FOWLR

OK folks. Here it is. The 72g bow FOWLR.

Info:

Tank: Oceanic 72g bowfront
Lights: Nova Extreme 2x54w T5
Skimmer: AquaC Remora with MJ1200 ** still need to purchase preskimmer box **
Heater: Visitherm Stealth 250w heater
Water movement: (2) x Koralia #3 (en route from group buy)
Substrate: 60lbs of aragonite sand
Live rock: 60lbs of Carribean rock

This is going to be a FOWLR tank and not a reef. I have decided on an open plan so I wont be adding more live rock.

Water flow from the LEFT side of the tank will be from a Koralia #3 which will be situated 3/4 of the way down the side panel. The flow will be directed across the tank and the rockwork will be used as a turbulence creator. Specifically the one tall piece of live rock will act like a rudder and direct flow around it.

On the RIGHT side the flow will come from a Koralia #3 that will be situation near the top of the side panel.

Here are the pics:

FTS
DSCN1256Medium.jpg

LEFT
DSCN1262Medium.jpg

MIDDLE
DSCN1263Medium.jpg

RIGHT
DSCN1264Medium.jpg

CAVE
DSCN1266Medium.jpg

Just wanted to throw a little update in here.

The tank is now home to a 5" Bursa Trigger and 3 Yellowtail Damsels.

A number of snails and hermits call this place home, although their numbers slowly dwindle and are replaced every month (thanks to the trigger)

I also have a few button polyps and mushrooms just to add some texture to the tank.

Some might think its a boring tank because its not exploding with corals, but I can sit and watch Murray (the trigger) for hours. He is easy to keep and enjoyable. Its the perfect tank for me...as I dont have the time I used to to maintain another reef.

I hope to get some pictures later this weekend.

Hey ... whatever trips your trigger .. right!

yuk yuk ::)

I am expanding my system to add a 220 and I am on the fence about making a a FOWLR or "low maintinance corals" reef of sorts.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Baxreefs said:
I am expanding my system to add a 220 and I am on the fence about making a a FOWLR or "low maintinance corals" reef of sorts.
You should add a 210! I know where you can get a really nice one for a great price!

Oops! Sorry for the hijack! Absinthe, not every tank needs to be a full blown reef! Our eel/lion tank is a great tank. Very low maintenance. Just some mushrooms, anthelia and whatever else we manage to keep that doesn't require pristine water quality. Enjoying it is critical.

wow you just made me remember when i first set up my 72BF , and i could not wait for it to start adding fish in it and stuff , good luck keep us posted with pictures.