• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acan Lord Bleaching

Anyone experience this? Coral was fine now it has lost it's color still puffy and extends it's tenticls just no color

adesimone1 said:
Yes the lighting does it. Mind did it and I have t5 lighting.

Hmm I have MH and it was doing fine i just started this a few weeks ago. the only thing i could think is i started dosing The brightwell KoralColor about 2 months ago i started to gradually discontinue it and have as of today stopped dosing it. I hope that makes a difference

if you go on RC - one of our vendors is getting a bad wrap for bleaching corals. I know at least 2 other people who have same issue and tend to lean towards light or just that these acans dont do well in captivity.

Hirobo said:
rafal07013 said:
where did you buy it?

Hirobo said:
Anyone experience this? Coral was fine now it has lost it's color still puffy and extends it's tenticls just no color

I got it from Robbies Reef I have had it for a long time now

rafal07013 said:
if you go on RC - one of our vendors is getting a bad wrap for bleaching corals. I know at least 2 other people who have same issue and tend to lean towards light or just that these acans dont do well in captivity.

Hirobo said:
rafal07013 said:
where did you buy it?

Hirobo said:

I got it from Robbies Reef I have had it for a long time now

I could see if i just bought it but I have had it for a long time like 7 months now

acans are definitely low to medium light corals. that said, don't add anything to your tank you aren't absolutely sure you are lacking.

mr_X said:
acans are definitely low to medium light corals. that said, don't add anything to your tank you aren't absolutely sure you are lacking.

I also heard from someone else that used the KoralColor had is acro bleach out. he stopped using it and the color came back. I dont think I will be using this product anymore