• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ACC

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
I'd like to take a moment to kinda steer this thread back,on the rails so to speak. Just to be clear this thread was started in a manor of voicing concerns about a few issues that were experienced when last in the store an in no way was a bash ACC forum. To be fair I did say I have had good experiences there as well, in fact I had even recommened the place to others in the hobby especially new comers looking for a place to buy fish and corals.
I am happy John the owner joined in on the conversation it is good to see that he takes these concerns seriously and looks for ways to rectify problems and help make our experiences better cause guys lets face it the small Mom and Pop type stores that supply our specialized hobby are fading .. Just today I found my self wishing places like trop and animals and things were still around with there large inventory of tanks in store because petco and pets mart dont carry much in stock over 55 gallons an none are reef ready.. So when we have places like ACC still around it is important to us that they are good and knowledgeable and care about the hobby just as much as we do.
On one last note and this is not a jab at anyone or any store just a word of point since this forum took a turn in the those for and those against in defensiveness. I understand that this club cheerishes its loyal vendors but we the members pay our dues to be members and just because vendors support the club shouldn't be a point of argument when it comes to the voice of the members that's almost like saying your point doesn't count or shouldn't be voiced because so and so or such and such pays are campaign money so we should look the other way so not to upset them or they may not support us later. I get that the club is very appreciative of the support it gets from its vendors but as seen in politics on tv regularly we should be more concerned if the people that support us are doing the right thing because if we are represented by vendors that do wrong and we promote them it makes us look bad as well..
Again that last part was not a jab at any vendor nor a way of saying any vendor was doing wrong so please don't take it that way.
Also I wrote John about my recent experience and I eagerly await his response

As any social media post goes they can tend to get off target and the true message muddy by everyone's views. I think this post has shinned some good light for ACC on where they can improve as a store. I didn't take this post as bashing ACC and I hope others didn't as well. As @kschweer stated,
constructive feedback
, I feel this post in more gear in that direction. I know for one I will not stop going to ACC for corals.

I also don't feel anyone is weighting ACC's sponsor higher/lower than a paid member's views. I agree ACC has done good things for the club which in turn helps them out as a store. Even having John on here listing and not attacking/shutting people out speaks volume to them as a store. As a customer and a paid member of this site I find it reassuring that it's members can speak openly and freely about a sponsor (in good and in bad) without getting attacked, shutdown, or shunned. I seen sites/groups (mainly on FB) the second you said anything bad about a sponsor you get kicked out.

@Jeremy Brito thanks for starting this post because I feel it will benefit everyone for the better.

Crabby

NJRC Member
Hi all, sorry to rehash an older topic. Tonight I left Long Branch and headed straight to ACC for the first time. Their new store is really, really nice. I was in retail/ wholesale years ago.
So my main thing was picking up a Redsea RSK300 skimmer. Looked around, drooled a lot lol. Mike brought a box out that was badly damaged on the outside. I went against my better judgment and used faith that it's in between that corrugated cardboard. He did assure me they would fix any issues.
Well, got all the pieces out.....
The bubble plate housing where the elongated slots let the water out was missing a section. I thought at first maybe it's for the cord. I looked again and the edges are really jagged and there's stress cracks where it all stopped breaking.
Man, O man I was just going to set it up, run some vinegar through, rinse and get it going.
Guess I'm going back to return it.

The new store is laid out weird, but really cool in a way. Frag tanks look good, and I believe they have a sale tomorrow only.

radiata

NJRC Member
Hi all, sorry to rehash an older topic. Tonight I left Long Branch and headed straight to ACC for the first time. Their new store is really, really nice. I was in retail/ wholesale years ago.
So my main thing was picking up a Redsea RSK300 skimmer. Looked around, drooled a lot lol. Mike brought a box out that was badly damaged on the outside. I went against my better judgment and used faith that it's in between that corrugated cardboard. He did assure me they would fix any issues.
Well, got all the pieces out.....
The bubble plate housing where the elongated slots let the water out was missing a section. I thought at first maybe it's for the cord. I looked again and the edges are really jagged and there's stress cracks where it all stopped breaking.
Man, O man I was just going to set it up, run some vinegar through, rinse and get it going.
Guess I'm going back to return it.

The new store is laid out weird, but really cool in a way. Frag tanks look good, and I believe they have a sale tomorrow only.

Good luck with the financial recovery on the damaged goods they sold you! I was there recently after an NJRC Meet, but it was after a hiatus of 5 or 6 years. Their new store is nice, but a bit disconnected. I recollect they didn't have everything I wanted. So, it goes. I recollect that a member had a recent run-in with them (about damaged goods?) recently. You might not want to mention you're a member here...

Crabby

NJRC Member
Good luck with the financial recovery on the damaged goods they sold you! I was there recently after an NJRC Meet, but it was after a hiatus of 5 or 6 years. Their new store is nice, but a bit disconnected. I recollect they didn't have everything I wanted. So, it goes. I recollect that a member had a recent run-in with them (about damaged goods?) recently. You might not want to mention you're a member here...
Nothing a credit card dispute won't fix
I believe they'll stand behind their word.

Crabby

NJRC Member
They returned my money. Got a couple zoas, a smaller xenia to start. Kalk, coral rx and some other things.
The guy Mike saw my message, and said no problem. I didn't go in with guns blazing either. I just had my CC out to get refund lol.

Attachments

• 20220528_140449.jpg
    20220528_140449.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 7