• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acropora Spathulata

horseplay

NJRC Member
This was sold to me as a rose Mille but as it has grown I think it’s a “spath”, a much rare species in the aquarium. They normally come in as wild colonies with names like “devils finger”, “dragon scale”. Hard to keep I was told but mine is an exception. Most will not realize their true color due to the lack of par in our aquariums. Mine is currently baking directly under an XR15 running at 100%. Can’t wait for it to grow out.

6CA8D2F1-C906-4CA5-8834-CD12AE849483.jpeg

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Beautiful coral Joe, but it is not Acropora Spathulata. Acropora Spathulata is an Aussie Staghorn - I had it for sometime.
This is definitely a mille. However, with lighting and flow acros will tend to change color and behavior patterns.

Still one of my favorite millies ...

horseplay

NJRC Member
Sunny you might be right. But I looked at it for a while and it doesn’t not look like the Millies I had. The branches are thicker and growth pattern is less table like.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Let me know when it's ready to be fragged!! :)