• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ACRYLIC BOX top down shots

C

concept3

THANK you RICH!!!

ultramaxima.jpg

tenuis.jpg

teardropmaxima.jpg

spsandcrocea.jpg

Pinkmillepora.jpg

C

concept3

maxima.jpg

greentable.jpg

crocea.jpg

yellowtang.jpg

chromis.jpg

bluetang.jpg

The last three pics of the fish were OBVIOUSLY taken through the front glass...............

ALL PICS TAKEN WITH A NIKON D70S ON MANUAL MODE AND 60MM MACRO LENS :p

***I threw the learning curve out the window***

C

concept3

Rich, there are a few minor modifications on the box that I need. I did some accidental fragging on my tan acro and blue tort last night, LOL

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
so the hidden, built in, club donation fraging feature worked?
When ever your ready to hook up I'll make the adjustments.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Suuuuuweeeeeeeeet! Very nice photos. Those clams are STUNNING!! (Tang police here, that yellow tang looks HUNGRY!)

C

concept3

hold your horses, that tang was 3 days old in my tank. I just "rescued" it from the LFS.... (actually it was the smallest one out of the group, I wanted to get something that was as small as my Hippo tang... 3")

She's getting fatter by the day.

C

concept3

steve68 said:
Cool nice shots.
so does the black Acrylic help to block off ligh?

Steve, I think it actually blocks off SOME usable light, I had a little bit of a shadow in some of the pics, but I cropped them out. you can see the teardrop maxima has a slight dark cast on the bottom right.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Seemed hard to believe that the hippo looked so good but the yellow looked starved. Glad to hear that it is just new. It was just such a sad picture to see with the rib bones sticking out like that. It will be fun to see her/his picture again in a month to see how much fatter it is. Mine is a cow and I didn't even know they had bones inside, lol.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If the black acrylic wasn't there, I think you'd get reflection off the inside of the front panel. Just a guess.

hold your horses, that tang was 3 days old in my tank. I just "rescued" it from the LFS....

Excuses, excuses.... :p ;) j/k with ya. Glad to hear it's eating well. So I don't get it?- if the box has black acrylic in it, how can you take a picture through the black acrylic???

C

concept3

The one end of the box uses clear acrylic (where the lens looks out), the other four walls are black acrylic.

My yellow was transparent when I got him... now he is a fat little bugger. Took him a few months to really starting eating well though.

C

concept3

The box actually sits a little bit underneath the water's surface, and becomes buoyant, so it's a little easier to manuever around the tank. The camera is held by a tripod clip, which Rich fabricated into the box so that it is solid. It slides out, camera and clip.