• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Acrylic tank company reviews and questions

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
So I’ve been thinking about upgrading a tank and decided maybe I’ll go into acrylic since it’s a lot cheaper,
Anyone ever buy one from any companies they recommend
And roughly the price ranges
I’m looking for something around 120 gallons

Make sure you do your research because I heard they get scratched very easily. Also how clear will it be!!
Try to do your homework, so you don’t end up getting some thing that was not what you wanted

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
Make sure you do your research because I heard they get scratched very easily. Also how clear will it be!!
Try to do your homework, so you don’t end up getting some thing that was not what you wanted
Yah i heard they scratch alittle easier but they make special brushes and supposedly they have some magnets now that fix them up

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'd suggest you look at Glass Cages. I don't have direct experience with their acrylic tanks, but I did purchase a glass tank from them and I thought it was very reasonable. Oh, and I'm extremely happy with the quality of the tank.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
I'd suggest you look at Glass Cages. I don't have direct experience with their acrylic tanks, but I did purchase a glass tank from them and I thought it was very reasonable. Oh, and I'm extremely happy with the quality of the tank.
Yah thinking on looking at them if i can’t find anything locally

Ls2Goat

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
My latest setup is acrylic because it’s over 200g corner setup.
It’s made by tsunami and bought from fishtanksdirect.com
And yes it can be scratched easily if you’re not paying attention.

nightmarepl

NJRC Member
My latest setup is acrylic because it’s over 200g corner setup.
It’s made by tsunami and bought from fishtanksdirect.com
And yes it can be scratched easily if you’re not paying attention.
Yah i figured i heard using baby fabric cloths over magnets is the way to clean them