• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Actinic SPS shots

C

concept3

actinic1.jpg

actinic2.jpg

actinic4.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm sooooo looking forward to having actinics on the 120!!

Great pics Merv. Now I just need to get one of those D200s hot off the truck... ;D

Merv, your pics are awesome

by the way do you have any more of that tan acro with the teal tips I bought off you last summer. My colony had a fall onto some other corals and bleached out a few days later. That was a few months ago and I really miss it.

Let me know
Tim

C

concept3

Hey Tim, I got the main colony going strong, as a matter of fact, I ended up having to frag off 3 branches due to encroachment. They're all gone now, but that baby needs more fragging done, since it's 1/8" close to breaking the top of the water....

Warhammer: It's a Nikon D70S with a 60mm macro lens.

Thanks for the compli's!

Well, I put a bid in for Malcolm's tank, so if I get it I wont have any cash, but if someone else gets it, I will PM about getting a frag or two...Iw as sooooobummed when I lost that one, he was the best looking coral in the tank

C

concept3

Fred-

I took the liberty of fixing your pics...

I can't find the encrusting monti though...

after you're done uploading the pic, right click on it and show properties.  you'll see the url.

copy that url and paste it in these tags:

i mg]

Thread hijack

I presently have a 75gal, with 2x175watt Hamilton MH, and 2x60watt actinics. The MH and actinics are wired so that I can not have the actinics on without the MH.
I want to be able to do so..........

Is there a way of rewiring the existing light?
If I use a seperate actinic light, is it worth taking an old Perfecto fluorescent light and installing a "$15" 40watt actinic blue bulb?

Is your set up a DIY or a purchased canopy? If you purchased it I would locate the ballasts and separate the line for the actinics and redirect it to its own power source. This way you can control the light. As far as getting a NO actinic light, I was able to do it for a while with decent results. I would suggest looking into a Magtinic by coralife. The bulb has a reflective coating that directs all of the light into the tank.