• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Activated Carbon Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 27248

Rox .08 isn’t even comparable to any other carbons I’ve tried...it does wonders!

Rox .08 isn’t even comparable to any other carbons I’ve tried...it does wonders!
So far I'd have to agree. I had picked up the pellets in an emergency a couple months back when I got dinos but haven't ran them since I got rid of the dinos. I wanted to start running carbon permanently so I needed the best quality I could get, the general consensus pointed to rox .8 so I'm glad to hear some more positive feedback.

purit is supposed to be the new best carbon. i still have a bottle of seachem matrix carbon and havent even got into my rox yet. wish theyd stop making the better than the best stuff lol

purit is supposed to be the new best carbon. i still have a bottle of seachem matrix carbon and havent even got into my rox yet. wish theyd stop making the better than the best stuff lol
It'll be awhile before I need anymore myself but I'm going to look into it just for the heck of it in case I decide to switch.

I think we'll probably be ok with what we got for now but man that keep pulling $@+& out of their pocket.

first I bought Marine pure block, then it had aluminum and falls apart. then bought brightwell bricks - guess ok but falls apart, now just bought maxspect nano tech....

I think we'll probably be ok with what we got for now but man that keep pulling $@+& out of their pocket.

first I bought Marine pure block, then it had aluminum and falls apart. then bought brightwell bricks - guess ok but falls apart, now just bought maxspect nano tech....
It's crazy how it's constantly improving. My last tank before my current 65 was about 4 years ago and when I was piecing this setup together I was blown away with the advancements in just 4 years.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
This is great that you are giving away the carbon.
But to honest you should just use it. I would rinse it and use it for 15 day and then I would take it out and use the BRS.
All aquarium carbon will work the same it pull crap out.
I like the BRS carbon because it’s very clean compare to the others but I rinse everything anyways. Use what you got until you get the BRS gets here. I personally get the Marineland for $14 at amazon. It last me a few months and it’s cheap.

MarineLand Diamond Media Premium Activated Carbon, Blacks & Grays, 40-Ounce (PA0373) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002566W...abc_40SX9RK87G4CVJAD80FW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

• CB02D0D3-A2FF-47A1-ADE3-45F75C75C50A.png
    CB02D0D3-A2FF-47A1-ADE3-45F75C75C50A.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is great that you are giving away the carbon.
But to honest you should just use it. I would rinse it and use it for 15 day and then I would take it out and use the BRS.
All aquarium carbon does the same it pull crap out.
I like the BRS carbon because it’s very clean compare to the others but I rinse everything anyways. Use what you got until you get the BRS gets here. I personally get the Marineland for $14 at amazon. It last me a few months and it’s cheap.

MarineLand Diamond Media Premium Activated Carbon, Blacks & Grays, 40-Ounce (PA0373) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002566W...abc_40SX9RK87G4CVJAD80FW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I considered it but once I got the rox in I decided to just use that instead. I figure if I can help someone else save a few bucks then that'll make me happy.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I considered it but once I got the rox in I decided to just use that instead. I figure if I can help someone else save a few bucks then that'll make me happy.

Yes and that is very nice of you. But carbon is like toilet paper even the cheap stuff works. Lol so use it and toss it.
All carbon should be switch out between 15-20 days so just use what you have and dump it.

Yes and that is very nice of you. But carbon is like toilet paper even the cheap stuff works. Lol so use it and toss it.
All carbon should be switch out between 15-20 days so just use what you have and dump it.
Good comparison honestly made me chuckle lol, I have someone interested in picking it up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.