• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Adding Pictures

I seem to have a problem uploading pictures of my tank. I read the FAQ and still seem to have problem the screen says done but no picture is uploaded.I even removed my fire wall temporally and it still didn't work. Any ideas what to do

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Pictures cannot be any larger than 300k. That could possibly be the problem.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You need to have a resizing program. (i.e. Photoshop)

Or you can start a Photobucket (or similar) account and upload the pictures there and then link to them.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Find and download IRFANVIEW. It will also resize files, in batch when necessary (which makes putting up meeting photos, etc much easier).

Reefaholic said:
How do you take a picture that is 300k or less all my pictures are 500 or more.

By resizing the picture, which can be done in absolutely any program I know that manipulates (allows you to edit) the images: Paint, MS Picture Manager, Adobe Photoshop, ZoomBrowser, Gimp and Pixel to name the few. If the image is in JPEG format (.jpg or .jpeg extension), then you can also change its compression parameter.