• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

additives

What is a good additive to really bring out the color and help with growth of lps/sps? Right now the only thing i do is the 2 part my dkh is around 9.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Are the corals brown or are they colored up and you are just looking for more color?

Lets start with the easy one: What k rating are your bulbs?

Second: The best thing to do for your SPS/LPS is provides a very low nitrate and phosphate environment.

LPS depends on the lighting and it also helps if you feed them (depends on the LPS)
SPS there is a lot of stuff out there, some of it is probably snake oil, but there are a few things that people do use consistently. I also know a lot of people who dose nothing and still have amazing colors. Look for amino acids and sps specific type of foods. Elos and Zeo make a bunch of this stuff. Just be careful as they can raise nitrates/phosphates.

I have 2 400 watt m/h's I run for 4 hours a day for the other 12 hours i run a 50-50 and a tru blue t-5 along with led's. All my coral has nice color i just want MORE!!! yes im greedy lol. I didnt know if there was anything that promoted growth. My nitrates are next to nothing in the tank same with phosphates i test for them often.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
What specific bulbs are you running?

Pohl's extra is a very well know and used additive. Again amino acids are also know to help SPS.